Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browsing great! Gaming appauling

ryan1983uk
Dabbler

Browsing great! Gaming appauling

Hi all
I have a strange problem, just latley ive noticed an issue with my internet. Browsing, downloading speeds are fine, but say for instance I play counterstrike source, it takes ages to connect to the server, when when im in my ping is like 800+, but when i ping a site through cmd it comes back ok. So in game, its non exsitant, i dont even lag, im just froze and have to quit the game.
Any ideas what it could be? nothing is downloading the the background.....
Much appreciated
Ryan
3 REPLIES 3
zubel
Community Veteran

Re: Browsing great! Gaming appauling

Have you tried resetting your router recently?
I know on friday there were some issues with the traffic management switches, so if you reconnected around that time you may be on the wrong profile.
Give your router a reboot and see if it helps
B.
ryan1983uk
Dabbler

Hi mate
Yeh I tried that the other day and yesterday too but with no avail.
If im being perfectly honest my year with plusnet hasnt been the best, it took over 3 months to fix a slowness issue and when threatened to cancel, the same day it was stable again.
I may have to re-think again
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

As it's Counterstrike:Source we should be identifying the traffic correctly, however it would be useful if you could try a wireshark capture so we can make sure it is. Follow the steps on this link and raise a ticket with the capture on it: http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/troubleshooting/wireshark.shtml
Gaming on your account type should be in 'Gold' - 0x80 or 0x60
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.