Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken internet. Stupidly high ping.

Thomas5020
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Broken internet. Stupidly high ping.

I have done everything i can. I need this fixed now. I have done everything in my power to fix this and I'm pretty sure the problem isn't my fault. Wired connections are unreliable,, Wi-Fi just does not work full stop. Here's my ping and traceroute information to the discord servers, a random service I use.

I have factory reset and restarted the router. This does not fix it. For the Wi-Fi i have changed channels and the speed setting, no change. If the router is to blame, I am not paying for a new one. When signing up to this contract, the router was thrown in with it.. That was the deal. I do not expect and will not pay for a new router. 

No, my ethernet cables are not to blame. I have pinged the router many times and every time the results are fine. 

Please, help me. I cannot live like this any more. I cannot work, I cannot game, I cannot stream video. 

3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Broken internet. Stupidly high ping.

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

Looking at the time of your post there was quite a lot of usage on your connection.

Can you try another traceroute with nothing running in the background?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Thomas5020
Grafter

I will when I can. As of now I have no connection at all. It's been dropping all morning
Thomas5020
Grafter

As of now it is working, will post traceroute results if I encounter ping problems again