Broadband very slow today

Normally I get 13-14mbps but today I'm only getting around 1.3mbps

Upload speed is normal and ping is normal at 19-12ms

Connection speed is 17300kps
57 REPLIES 57
olliebean
Dabbler

Re: Broadband very slow today

I'm getting exactly the same problem. Connection speed is 20,467 and I usually get around 16-18Mbps, getting around a tenth of that or less today. Netflix managed to play 720p video at around 2.5Mbps, but took longer than usual to reach that quality. Speed checkers are all showing around 1.5Mbps or less and web browsing is noticeably slower than usual. Upload speed is a little slower than usual but not so dramatically as download. S/n and attenuation are the same as usual (see below), restarting the modem has no effect. Just started noticing this since last night.

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:    1.208 / 20.467
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]:    12,0 / 0,0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:    6,7 / 15,5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:    6,0 / 2,9

zeb-edee

I normally get 76 Mbps but I'm down to 1.13 Mbps download and 16.3 Mpbs upload  Huh

Apparently lots of reports are coming in so I presume someone is working on a fix...

davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Mine is the same this morning -normally ~ 15Mb + on 19Mb sync -now I'm getting ~ 1.4Mb !! Upload and ping as normal.

davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

New filter, connected directly to test socket after router reboot - still only 1.4Mb d/l. All other stats showing normal numbers ie synch speeds,profiles,SNRM  etc etc Thought it must be my exchange but ............

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 247

I have no problem (says me keeping fingers crossed), but from the number of posts, I'm wondering if there is a network problem somewhere. I would go and check other ISPs forums, but haven't really got time today.

John
glennr

My connection was fixed[?[ 10 days ago and I had 14 Mbps until today when it suddenly plummeted to 1.7Mbps max. Insufficient download speed to buffer internet radio properly, which cuts out every 10 seconds or so. More disconcerting perhaps is that there are no service issues reported on the website. Is anyone actually aware of this situation or is it just the few of us reporting the issue here? I have had to add this issue to my ongoing ticket which has been running since 15 July.

Meltz

Same problem here.  Can't contact PlusNet unless I give up my afternoon waiting on the phone.  No fault on my connection but can't access banks etc. as it's too slow.

Come on PlusNet get your cheesy man in the adverts on the case!!

hundleton1
Dabbler

I am getting very slow speeds today 

My connection is 79/19mb and I'm getting less than 2mb up and 5mb down, 

Please Plusnet sort this 

Vivi-S
Grafter
Fixes: 1

From 9.30am when I went on the internet, my download broadband speed is 0.2mbps & wavers in and out of connection with upload speeds that don't even register.  Gedling/Nottingham area.

Petard
Rising Star

I have had a similar problem since seven o'clock this morning. It has cost me quite a bit of time and effort. I ran some tests myself, then called Plusnet, who ran some more, and logged it as a fault. Since then I have been running more tests, those I can think of, to be sure it's not my router or PC.

Plusnet's Service Status page still shows no problems, which, given the reports in this thread, is astonishing.

Two days ago I signed up to migrate to another provider. Thirteen days to go till it happens. Yes, I'm counting the days!    Cheesy

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

There are a few threads on this, from different parts of the country. So not a local issue.

This is pure speculation (take it with a pinch of salt and all that), but it had been suggested PlusNet have made a change which hasn't gone well.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 247

Obviously not affecting everyone, though, @Alex, certainly not me, and noticeably none of the longer stayers on this forum, from what I can see.

Also noticeable is the number of Fibre customers posting in the ADSL forum.

John
blake48
Hooked

I managed to finally get through to Plusnet who tested and said that there is an issue, but that it isn't with my line, it is the servers their end.  They are treating it as a priority, but couldn't give a guestimate on when it might be rectified, he said he hoped it might be today!

I also pointed out that it would be good for them to update the Broadband Status on the website to show there is a known issue, and he agreed and said he would ask about that when he got off the phone from me.  That was around 12.15 lunchtime, as he had only just started his shift at 12, and I notice the site is still not showing any update, and I imagine the hold time for calling them is still at least 30mins!

Still getting painfully slow connection speed, and hoping it will be fixed sooner rather than later.

olliebean
Dabbler

FWIW, here are my latest BTW performance test results:

Download speed achieved during the test was - 2.36 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 4 Mbps-21 Mbps.
 IP Profile for your line is - 18.06 Mbps

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.7Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.83 Mbps