cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband very slow today

optimus
Grafter

Re: Broadband very slow today

Reporting the same from West London as of this morning.

Usually get around 18mbps but am only now getting around 7mbps, although upload speed and ping seem fine and I didn't notice any issues when I was online gaming this morning. However, web surfing is slow and streaming video is next to pointless at the moment.

PlusNet - what is going on?!!!

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@blake48 - It may be a while before anything is posted on the service status - last time I looked I couldn't see any of the Help Team on line, and it usually them who post the service notices.

John
Crimewave
Dabbler

Same here, another in south wales. 1meg down 17meg up Sad

AmandaJM

Broadband extremely slow and after a variety of speed tests, all coming under 2mb, when I normally get about 12, I rang PlusNet. 

Initially there is a message saying they are busy and it could be a 30 minute wait but I work online, so it needs to be sorted out. I held for about 8 minutes and then got through.

Told them my problem and download speeds, they said they would run tests there end and call me back. They did 5 minutes later with instructions to change the microfilmer and unscrew to try the test connection etc. I think I have an old test connection fitting and so that doesn't work for me, so she said they would try to up my speed from their end and that it would take 4 - 24 hours to see a increase and in 4 hours to reboot the router.

They said if this did not rectify it they would have to report it as a fault and probably a technician would come out to check.

Nothing about this being a countrywide problem as I have been reading in the comments today. I would rather they tell the truth and say we are at fault and are trying to fix it.

New to Plus Net, it's been Ok but get it sorted out quickly please!

glennr

My download has deteriorated even further since this morning. I am now enjoying[?] 0.99 Mbps! There are still no service issues according to Plusnet's site! Does anyone at Plusnet actually look at these posts? This would seem to be a much bigger problem with the network than coincidental individual issues and should be looked at as a matter of urgency. It would actually be helpful if Plusnet admitted there was a problem so that we did not waste time doing all the usual tests to no avail. It might damage their statistics but it would at least indicate that they were doing something to address the problem. Customer service is what happens when something is wrong - it is not ignoring the problem.

Sakrvillain

I'm having the same problem. Speed was ok this morning at 16-17Mb but now only 0.75Mb. Router sstats are unchanged so would like to know what is going on.

Bishopp376

The internet traffic report suggests that only 1 or the 4 UK routers dealing with all internet traffic into the UK is operational. Perhaps I am reading this wrong as I don't normally look at this website but the issue seems to be with all ISPs and not just PlusNet. I wish Plusnet would update us on what is actually going on though.

http://www.internettrafficreport.com/europe.htm

hundleton1
Dabbler

agreed this is not good, I swapped to plus net just over a month ago and am not liking this one bit at all, no information, no status update, no actual confirmation of issues 

Live chat offline too 

this is very poor. 

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I'll test it in about an hour, it sounds like "their suppliers" (aka BT Wholesale) have a problem.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

A couple of major BT problems noted on the Zen status boards which may (or may not, I'm no expert) be having a countrywide effect.

John
ukscotth

Only been with plusnet for a few weeks and today ive only been getting speeds of around 0.3mb so not a great start. Does this kind of thing happen often ?
Robnor11
Hooked

First time it's happened with me

Must be a Plusnet issue
Meltz

I've been with PlusNet for Years and they have always lived up to their publicity with super service but they have cocked up here by not realising half the Country has lost it's Broadband and posting it on their website.

Let's hope they restore the service quickly or I'll strangle the chubby chap in the ads!!

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Very slow all day here, about 1/10 normal in tests.  Plusnet really should show this fault on their Service Status page but perhaps nobody is there on a weekend?  

fragglepete

Ours is appalling today.... the router DSL speed is showing connected at 33.44Mbps Down, but all the tests I do I'm lucky to get 0.5Mpbs!!!! Angry

Even our Amazon Echo is stuttering.

I'll give 'em a call in a bit when I've got time to sit in a queue.

Pete