cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband usage today Fri 30th - Help

IanSn
Rising Star

Re: Broadband usage today Fri 30th - Help

Usage seems to have been reset, and the additional charge removed, but it still has 10.99 G showing on first entry.
I had two notices of going over my limit in one day. The second is still showing here. Will this cause problems later or be ignored?
Pic attached.
pdc95
Dabbler

The 7.48GB for the 29th has been removed from my usage but the 8.09GB for the 30th is still showing.
REMOVE THIS AS WELL PLEASE
Roberto0151
Grafter

This is not such a problem as others quoted but seems somewhat illogical.  My usage today at 09.31 hours is shown as 9.94MB in spite of the notice that "Usage from the last four hours is not shown on this page"  How come?  Surely there should be no amount shown until  around midday?
(I could of course be missing something, since I rarely look up my usage as it is rather low. )
IanSn
Rising Star

Similar to pdc95, still have 10.99GB which shouldn't be there.
Also, overnight usage (1 hour iPlayer) hasn't shown up, page looks exactly the same as my pic posted yesterday (30/05/2014, 22:32).
Have no idea how this works so can't comment. Just reporting the glitch as it appears at this end.
Just a bit concerned about multiple extra charges disappearing from my account on billing day should this not get fixed.
Not sure when billing day will be now as dates have altered on the usage page, too!
@Roberto0151
Usage can show up almost immediately sometimes. Nothing to worry about there!
rhinocratic
Grafter

I'm also confused.
Yesterday's 4.96 GB is still showing.  But it is also showing zero usage for today (8am onwards). Interestingly, some overnight usage (i-player) last night is reported though I am not convinced it is the correct amount.
My month runs from 11 May-June 10 but like IanSn the dates have changed.  My "View your broadband" is now showing two billing periods:
11 May-30 May 9.92GB used . This is the wrong amount.
30 May - June 10th 4.96GB This is also the wrong amount. (4.96 is 50% of 9.92 is it a coincidence?)
I think I'll have to download a broadband usage monitor from elsewhere (thinkbroadband?)  I don't want to inadvertently exceed the 10GB limit and be restricted to dialup speeds. I am not worried about extra charges because my maximum monthly extra spend is set to £0.00
IanSn
Rising Star

@rhinocratic
Good idea.  Cheesy  I'll go and set up my extra spend to zero now!
All I was really worried about was unexpected debits from my account.
Not sure a broadband monitor would help much - if PN thinks you've gone over, the effect is the same!
Did have a couple of glitches in previous months where certain days showed zero, then it came back as usual. Though totally not sure if the amounts were correct.
IanSn
Rising Star

Hey! Looks like usage page has been reset to zero and billing period set from now up to my usual billing date 20th.
That's what I call sorted.
No usage showing though.
Perhaps I could do a disconnect/reconnect to give it a kick?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Let us know if you spot any further oddities. Usage should start to build as normal now.
IanSn
Rising Star

Yep, page got reset. Did a disconnect/reconnect and usage page started up again.
Looks like all working as normal.
Many thanks.
Sorted over the weekend, too.  Smiley