cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband switch day come and gone... No Internet and nothing from plusnet

brendanjmdaly

Broadband switch day come and gone... No Internet and nothing from plusnet

Switched broadband and phone line from Sky to Plusnet due to price and Plusnet reputation for good customer service. Phone line went live fine on Thursday and broadband due yesterday (24hrs without Internet is a major inconvenience as we both work from home - wasn't made clear during switch order). Yesterday came and went - no Internet, no message from Plusnet. Tried to call this morning to get an update - phone line just shuts down after saying 'we'll let you know when it's ready'. Internet chat service not available. So now I have no idea when we might have internet and seemingly no ability to call anyone to find out. Obviously the customer service reputation was unfounded! Can someone please let me know what is happening with our order?
13 REPLIES 13
Missyk
Hooked

Re: Broadband switch day come and gone... No Internet and nothing from plusnet

I have the same issue! Phone line installed on Thursday and engineer said broadband will be ready Friday. Received a couple of texts to say won't be up and running yet and hub is solid orange with a flashing red light.
brendanjmdaly

Finally some communication from plusnet - an email to tell me my bill is ready!!!
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @brendanjmdaly, thanks for getting in touch.

I do apologise for the lack of communication there has been, I can see you have since been in contact with our support centre and your account has been activated.

If you need any further assistance, don't hesitate to get back in touch.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
Missyk
Hooked

Hello

I am still waiting for my broadband to be connected....how long will it take to connect?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@Missyk, I've checked your order and unfortunately our suppliers have advised us that the engineer has determined that there's a capacity issue at the cabinet(The green box in the road). This means that there aren't any spare working fibre ports to connect your phone line to. We've been advised that this is being worked on and to review on Wednesday. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Missyk
Hooked

Hi Gandalf

Thanks for this. At least I know the reason for delay now other than just threes a delay with no further explanation. What happens if still not connected by wed?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problems. If you're not connected by Wednesday it's likely we'd just be given a new review date. Sad

Feel free to let us know over here if you need us to chase anything up.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Missyk
Hooked

Hi Gandalf

Still no word regarding broadband. It's a week now. 😔

What is the possibility of just switching me to normal broadband and cancel the fibre? It's a bit of an inconvenience now.
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @Missyk

I've just checked the order again and it's still delayed for capacity with a review date of the 18th, but as there's a chance it could get delayed further on this date. Unfortunately there's no escalation path for capacity delays so it's either a case of waiting until capacity is freed, or we can cancel it and activate ADSL.

If we go down the ADSL route we can then place a regrade to fibre and allow that to go back into delay and monitor it. At least that option will give you some connectivity in the mean time. 

Let me know your thoughts. 

Missyk
Hooked

Hi Jolo

That sounds like a plan. Can we go down the ASDL route? Will I still have to pay the same amount though...?
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Missyk,

I've requested the current fibre order to get cancelled, once the line has updated we'll placed the ADSL order for you. We'll use the current open ticket to monitor everything for you.

With regards the price, we can do an account change to the same applicable ADSL version for you while the fibre order completes, or we can leave it as it is an credit back the difference off future bills until the fibre order completes. If you've signed up for a discount offer I'd suggest the second option otherwise it becomes a bit of a pain for you. 

Let me know what you think. 

Missyk
Hooked

Hi I think the first method is fine. I don't think I have any discounts or offers.
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Missyk,

Thanks for confirming. I've updated the ticket with some specifics. Let me know if you need anything clarifying. Thanks.