cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband still not working since 29 February - fixed on the 3 May :-)

Ronski
Rising Star

Broadband still not working since 29 February - fixed on the 3 May :-)

Hi,
My brother arranged for his telephone (BT) and broadband to be moved to his new house last week, and the broadband should have been switched over last Wednesday, but BT managed to cut the line off on Wednesday after transferring the line on Tuesday - my brother saw a BT engineer up the pole Wednesday.
Since then it's just turned into a fiasco, probably down to BT but the lack of answers and feedback on the support ticket is also very frustrating, we've posted several times and got no replies, only way anything happens is when he phones up and then he's told this or that is being done, and it'll be done on this day or that day. He was last told it should be switched over yesterday, but alas this morning it's still not working, the PN supplied router/modem is plugged into the test socket via the microfilter and the broadband light is just blinking, internet light stays off.
This also get posted to his ticket, but what does it actually mean? The last sentence implies there's still a problem.
We would like to inform you that your Help Assistant Question [ 52458916 ] has now been returned to the BOT - House Moves BB Only pool. A member of our Support Team will investigate your issue as soon as possible.

This is the second time in a fortnight that I've had cause to complain about the support ticket system, and recently I've been pushing my referrals, and I'm wondering how I can recommend PN when we're having this poor quality of support.
I presume you can get my brothers account details from the support ticket number above, can somebody pleae read the entire ticket and look into his problems and let me know whats going on.
50 REPLIES 50
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Broadband still not working after a week

Hi Ronski,
I'll take a look into it and see what I can find out. The ticket you quoted is an automated response after a ticket is released from hold. We place tickets on hold when we don't expect an immediate response from a given situation, for instance, when our suppliers have told us there won't be n update until a certain date, or to await the outcome of an engineer's visit.
Jojo Smiley
Ronski
Rising Star

Thanks JoJo, appreciate the quick response.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I believe one of our provisioning team has left you a message and will be chasing this up later today again. Smiley
Ronski
Rising Star

Thank you Jojo, there is indeed an update on the ticket, lets hope BT sort it out this time.
I have a sneaky suspicion that BT used his line for someone else - it had been disused for sometime (6 months or more, although had a dial tone) and perhaps as it was only reconnected the day before the engineer (seen up the pole) terminated the connection unaware it was now in use. This perhaps meant the only option BT had was to connect him to a shared (DACS) line causing the ongoing problems.
Anyway lets hope you've done the trick and they get this sorted quickly now.
Ronski
Rising Star

Seems like BT have failed again, this was posted to his ticket over the weekend:
As per our conversation, I have spoken to our suppliers who have advised that the order should fully have completed by 12/03/2012 so I will place the ticket on hold until this date.

Checked this morning and still not working  Angry
Can you chase up and see whats happening please?
Also I presume he will get a credit for the period he's been without broadband, it's been two weeks now.

Ronski
Rising Star

Any updates on the above post please?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Broadband still not working since 29 February

Hi Ronski,
According to our supplier's systems this was completed on the 12th. What is the status of the lights on the router?
Jojo Smiley
Ronski
Rising Star

Thanks for checking, he tell's me that the broadband light is flashing and the internet light is out.
I'm going round there tonight, so. I'll check things and also login to the router and see what's going on in there.
I've got a spare modem/router (DG834v4) and filter, so I'll take them with me tonight.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Ok, thanks for your help. I'll keep an eye out for your reply Smiley
Ronski
Rising Star

Morning Jojo, hope it's nice and sunny for you, it is here  Cool
I'm afraid to say as far as I can tell there is no DSL service on my brothers line. Both his Thompson modem, and my Netgear modem state that they can't detect a DSL signal.
The telephone still works, so the line is working.
Both modems were plugged into the NTE5 test socket, and I used a different cable and micro filter with each router/modem, so this should rule out a micro filter/RJ11 cable fault.
We've also posted twice to his support ticket, once last night and once Tuesday morning, but there's been no replies. It just seems that once the BOT gets hold of the ticket no one seems to look at it.
Hopefully you can find out what BT have or have not done, they have probably connected it to the wrong line  Roll_eyes
Ronski
Rising Star

Well, this just gets better (not), PN support has phoned and told him that everything has completed - BT have told them this, so it must be true.
PN support has closed his ticket and said that he needs to phone technical support and they'll tell him how to reboot the router or something along those lines.
His ticket (52458916) has been closed, and doesn't even show in his closed tickets any more, why when there's an option to view closed tickets?
He now has a service ticket (128819418) which states BBEU Number changed from xxxx to xxxx (numbers removed), whats this mean?
So whats technical support going to tell him to do that I haven't done already?
I clearly stated I'd tried different routers/modems in the support ticket, the DG834 was restored to factory settings and I run the setup wizard, it reported no DSL detected - this router was removed from my setup last week, as I've prepared my house for FTTC, so I know it works. The Thomson router was working perfectly before he moved house, now it also reports that no DSL is detected.
Sorry for all the questions, but we're now getting very frustrated, and I'm spending far too much of my time (and my employers time) trying to sort this out.
Now if technical are going to tell me something different to what I've done, then I will happily go round there tonight and give it a try - never know I may learn something else  Smiley
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If the login for both of you ends @plusdsl.net your login details will work on his line (just make sure you have disconnected yours first). So you could fully configure the router on your line and ensure all the settings are working and then take it to his.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Ronski
Rising Star

Thanks for your reply jelv. I thought that may be the case and I will certainly try that, however earlier I asked my brother to take the router to his old address, which is my other brothers house so we still have access.
He plugged the router in and the broadband light quickly turned solid green, the internet light flashed and turned amber - surely the broadband should be disconnected from here? He couldn't check it any further as he didn't have my laptop or his PC. I suppose this does prove that his router, cable and filter is working.
Is it possible BT have some how reconnected the wrong house?
The only reason I got him to do this was because a ticket appeared on his account today showing his address was changed today, although the house move ticket was raised on the 22nd February and has now disappeared.
Jojo, have you got any input?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Ronski,
I've raised a fault on the account and one of the faults guys is investigating it. To be honest it doesn't look like it's going to be a simple solution but by raising it and explaing what you've done so far to our faults team I hope to have got a bit of a head start on things.
Jojo Smiley