cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband still not live

D_enon

Broadband still not live

Hi

My Broadband was due to go "live" on the 5/12/20 and have still not had a email or text saying it has. Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Broadband still not live

Forgive me if this is a silly question, but have you tried it - i.e. plugged the modem/router in and attempted to connect?

John
D_enon

Yep tried. I have only connected it today as have waited all weekend for the message. went into the 192.xxx and the username is wrong. tried changing it and get a something has gone wrong message. tried resetting it and still comes back up with the same username (which is not me)

jab1
Legend

OK. What username did you put in? It should be the one you agreed at the order entry stage, andto set the connection up (I think - because it's a long time since I did mine) should be '<username>@plusdsl.net' where username is your unique one, without the quote marks.

John
D_enon

Just spoken to someone at Plusnet. seems that there is a delay with Openreach but no info on why. 

Think the username maybe a previous account holder (I have not put one into the router) as it seems there used to be a Plusnet connection. House I am in used to be rented before I purchased it. Will now wait for the info from Openreach. Thanks for the time to reply thou

jab1
Legend

Thanks for the update. If the router was not supplied as part of your order, i.e. was the previous owners, then post back when you get a connection because it will need to be disassociated from the previous owners account and associated with yours.

John