cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed

gq4yjs
Grafter

Broadband speed

Dear group....since 2nd of October Ihave been with Plus net but since then no e mail access as in previous posts.....My other problem is line speed....480kbps down and 360 up......I am on unlimited access up to 8mb  is anyone getting anything like 8mb???I am 800 metres away from the exchange...cheers to all Barrie g4yjs.
4 REPLIES 4
James
Grafter

Re: Broadband speed

Hi Barrie,
It appears that for some reason, BT are limiting your potential speeds.  From memory it'll problably be a BT RAS server misconfiguration, but I've placed an order to try and avoid our needing to raise a fault (which will take longer).
Can you try it again tomorrow and see how you get on?
Also useful reading: link:speed
gq4yjs
Grafter

Many thanks James for the speedy reply.....looking forward to further updates cheers Barrie g4yjs.
gq4yjs
Grafter

Dear James and group.....had a call last night from link:csa removed....after carrying out a series of tests he suspects a faulty router(line was un capped yesterday by B.T)But it is still only syncing at 500 kbps.He is sending out a test router so I will keep the group up to date...cheers to all Barrie g4yjs
adie:red CSA name removed as per link:rules]
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Thanks for letting us know Barrie, hopefully the router will sort out the issues you've been seeing.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.