Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed very slow since Friday

GCotterill
Dabbler

Broadband speed very slow since Friday

Hello

My broadband connection has gone very slow since Friday. i have tried rebooting the router and a different filter. The BT test is showing nearly zero download speed. Fast.com shows between 15 and 190kbps.

Could you check if there is a problem with the network line?

Thanks

Geoff

7 REPLIES 7
lokid

Re: Broadband speed very slow since Friday

Yep me too in the essex area. Normally get around 5mb dl on steam now hardly getting 3.5!!! To add its not a steam issue as its getting 30.9 on online speed tests.

Nothings been touched my end and ive checked all cables and restarted god knows how many times. 

Please PLUSNET check the exchange.

lokid

Can someone at plusnet help here please?

langdale

Same here, Essex 3.7mbps instead of the usual 20mbps

GCotterill
Dabbler

Hello

Has anyone at Plusnet been able to look into this problem?

The broadband speed is still very low today which suggets it an ongoing problem with the network?

thanks

Geoff

KatieC
Pro
Fixes: 11

HI @GCotterill

Thank you for your query, sorry for the delay in responding.

Having tested your line today, I can see that it is performing as it should be in terms of speed and stability. I have documented the results via a ticket on your account. You can view this here.

Can you advise if the speeds you are receiving are over a wired or wireless connection?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team
GCotterill
Dabbler

Hi Katie

Thanks for looking into this. The broadband speed improved from Tuesday and has been stable the rest of the week.

Over the wireless connection I'm getting about 1.8Mbps with the fast.com speed measure.

I'm not sure where the problem was but it has been fixed. Perhaps the fact it  has not rained as much this week has helped?

Thanks

Geoff

KatieC
Pro
Fixes: 11

Thank you for the update @GCotterill I am pleased to hear that the speeds have improved.

Having reviewed the estimates for your line, a wireless speed test result of 1.8Mbps is better than I would expect, especially with the estimates being based on a wired connection. The recent bad weather may have been a contributing factor, as well as a number of other external factors which can have an impact on a wireless signal.

Should you have any further questions, please do let us know!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team