cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed drop

sconter

Broadband speed drop

Hi,
I recently signed up to plusnet and was synced happily at over 5.5mb dl, I therefore asked for interleaving to be turned off to help my gaming and it was and all was good. Then suddenly togay my dl and ul speed have both been halved, we my dl more than halved to under 2.5mb. I want to get this fixed quickly as this is the first ISP this has happened with, never been a problem before. If it is not I am not gonna waster a year of crap speeds when I can easily go back elsewhere without any issues. If this is the max speed they can offer with interleaving off then I will be cancelling within the 14 days.
Anyways enough rambling, anyone any ideas apart from the usual (is it connected to the test socket, change microfilter, etc.) I have done all of that.
Thanks,
6 REPLIES 6
sconter

Re: Broadband speed drop

It seems to be up and down constantly the now....I will report back in the morning.
sconter

It is now synced at over 5.5mb again but I am stuck with speeds of about 2mb.
sconter

This morning it is still the same, My router is connected at just over 5.5mb but I appear to be capped at 2mb by Plusnet, anyone got any ideas?
Thanks
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Can you log into your router and press the 'Disconnect' button and 'Connect' please?
sconter

It is now connected at Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 544 / 2,368....This is getting really annoying now! Why is my connection constantly being reset and halved and then put back to what it should be for a tiny amount of time only to be reset to a lower speed again.  Cry Cry
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry to hear about the issue, bear with us and you should have a response from our faults team soon.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team