cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed day and evening.

pjpjpj

Broadband speed day and evening.

I've recently moved to Plusnet from Sky and the broadband speed seems rather variable. In the daytime I can get around 10mbps whereas in the evening I'm lucky to get 1mbps. Streaming movies from NowTV is near impossible in he evening, just when the kids want to watch them. Never had any problems with speed or streaming with Sky. Is this anything to do with the amount of internet traffic in the evening with Christmas coming? I've done a BT Broadband Availability Checker which says 6.5 to 8 mbps. The BT Wholesale results in the evening are 1.12 mbps download speed, IP profile 12.2 mbps. Also Thinkbroadband results are attached. Any help much appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Broadband speed day and evening.

You're not connected on your Plusnet details, so it's hard for us to peform too many diagnostics. You can see on the speedtest that it's still showing you're connected on SKY too.
You need to update the connection details stored in your router to use username@plusdsl.net and your account password.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pjpjpj

Quote from: Chris
You're not connected on your Plusnet details, so it's hard for us to peform too many diagnostics. You can see on the speedtest that it's still showing you're connected on SKY too.
You need to update the connection details stored in your router to use username@plusdsl.net and your account password.

Can I still use my sky hub? If so, what settings do I need to change to use with plusnet? Thanks.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sky Hubs are locked so you wouldn't be able to change the details.
I'd recommend taking a router from us or buying one from Currys/PC World etc.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
pjpjpj

Quote from: Matthew
Sky Hubs are locked so you wouldn't be able to change the details.
I'd recommend taking a router from us or buying one from Currys/PC World etc.

Ok. I have a Netgear N150 wireless ADSL2 modem router. Do you have a link for the settings I should use? Thanks.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

That should do the trick.
Settings can be found at the link below.
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/broadband-connection-settings.shtml
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team