cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed Issue and Plusnet being Smart

rummit

Broadband speed Issue and Plusnet being Smart

Hi,
I m sorry to post such a information here.
But Plusnet is being very smart in the acceptiing there is a fault in my broadband speed.
First of all, when I bought the connection I was told 2.5MBPS is the speed I would except and now it is changed to 1MBPS as estimation.
And the actual l am getting is .3MBPS.
I feel as if I have been moved back by 10yrs, where I wait and wait for a youtube video to buffer and see for next 10 seconds and then wait again for a minute to buffer.
Also, the BT engineer who came to my house installed the Master socket in a wrong place. and Thats the main reason for my slow speed.
I had to go all the houses around my house and do all the research and find the fault and now PLUSNET is not ready to accept the fault.
They want me to pay £160 to move my BT socket to the right place.
Please help.
This is not what I agreed upon when I registered to PLUSNET.
2 REPLIES 2
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Broadband speed Issue and Plusnet being Smart

Hi rummit,
Sorry to see that you've had a fault, are you able to connect to the master socket to see if it does make a difference?
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Broadband speed Issue and Plusnet being Smart

Usually the Master Socket is installed somewhere close to the point of entry of the telephone cable into the house.  If that cable was already in place then the BT Engineer would probably have felt constrained as to where to place the Master Socket.  If not then, within reason, you could have asked that the cable be run to where you wanted.