Did you mean: 

Broadband slow on Android devices?

FIXED
Cagney1994
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Broadband slow on Android devices?

Hi all

Is there a known problem using Android devices on a TG582n router? - Apple and laptops are fine but surfing is pretty slow on Samsung etc...

Pages take a while to open whereas on the latop, they're there to see literally in an instant. Download speed is fine and there's been no dropouts or disconnections.

Incidentally the only application that works without any problems is YouTube Shocked

I've tried changing the router channel but to no avail. I've also re-installed Chrome on Android and still no improvement.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Broadband slow on Android devices?

Hi there,

We're not actually aware of any known issues that might cause that.

Do you notice a difference if you try using the native browser rather than Chrome (usually called "Internet" on Samsung devices.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Opera browser is smaller and fast for phones.

Cagney1994
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Fix

I've installed the Dolphin browser on the tablet and it seems to have done the trick. I've noticed it's also pretty fast compared to the others.

And I've re-tried using Chrome and the standard browser that came with the device, and for some reason they both seem to be doing ok now.

Very odd.