Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband router

gay_guy1986
Dabbler

Broadband router

Hi, 

My phone line and Broadband service have gone live today and my router has been dispatched on Monday, does anyone have any idea how long will it take to arrive as I have no internet until it comes, I can't believe my router has been dispatched so late, it should have been dispatched sooner then this, I am well annoyed.

Any advice would be great, thanks. 

Regards

Shaun. 

6 REPLIES 6
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Broadband router

Welcome to the forum.

It comes by Post Office mail so shouldn't be far away. For the record it can be very late in the day before the new service comes live anyway so with a bit of luck you will be up and running tomorrow.

Is this a new connection? The reason I ask is that the Plusnet service will work with a whole range of routers so if you have one kicking about you may be able to use that. You will find setting up instructions for many of them if you search the Router topics in this forum, else come back here and tell us what you have (if any) and advice will be forthcoming.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

gay_guy1986
Dabbler

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply, I got a email and text message stating my broadband is now active early this afternoon, same with phone line. I was with Sky, so will it work with my Sky router until my Plusnet router comes? 

Regards. 

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

I understand that Sky lock down their routers so I 'm afraid you're unlucky (unless  any-one else knows better).

If Plusnet is giving you a Hub Zero then I'm afraid that it's a very basic single band bit of kit. If you want a much better router for not very much money (£30ish) go onto EBay and buy a BT Smarthub 6. These are very easy to configure (again there's lots of help in these forums) and have excellent dual band wireless capability.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

BillyCool
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@gay_guy1986 - sorry to hear your router hasn't arrived yet. Total b*ll ache when that happens.

Totally echo what @Baldrick1 said. I've just changed from the older Sagecom 2704N (single band) router to a BT Smarthub 6 (Business Edition). It's dual band and the wifi is better.

I get 17-20mb to my property but the router just couldn't cope with multiple devices and kept crashing and I was lucky to get 2-4mb. The BT hub has really revolutionised my BB experience. I was all set to dump PN but with the new router everything is vastly improved.

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

For future reference pse use the correct thread; in this case it should be asked in the ORDERS thread.
Future router queries in My Router thread etc etc.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Welcome to the community forums Shaun.

I'm sorry to see your router arrived late.

I can see you should be back online now. Everything working as you'd expect?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet