cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband ridiculously slow since xmas period. Drops out. HELP!

Chrissi
Hooked

Broadband ridiculously slow since xmas period. Drops out. HELP!

I've tested speed and it's 0.24 download and 0.37 upload.

This is from my sign up email: We estimate your broadband speed should be between 5.5Mb and 7.5Mb and your minimum guaranteed access line speed is 2Mbps. I've only been with Plusnet since August 2017.

I started the troubleshooter and I've tried using a different microfilter, plugging it into the test socket and I'm stuck on trying a different router. Is it possible for Plusnet to sent one out to me? I'm quite clueless when it comes to this sort of stuff, but after seeing other people having a similar issue, does this not indicate a fault which would be the responsibility of Plusnet?

I don't leave the house often due to mental health reasons and the internet is very much a lifeline to me. Any help advice is appreciated.

Christine.

11 REPLIES 11
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Broadband ridiculously slow since xmas period. Drops out. HELP!

Thanks for getting in touch @Chrissi

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your speeds.

We've tested your line and we can see that your speeds have been restricted due to the number of drops on the line as shown below

I've requested your line be reset in the interim which should give you a increase in speeds.

Can you test your speeds later on and advise us how you get on?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Chrissi
Hooked

Hello, thanks for replying so quickly. I've restarted my router and done a speed test. The results are now 3.54 and 0.73.
There has definitely been an improvement as I was able to stream a programme without it buffering or saying there wasn't enough bandwidth. It does seem that if it's just me using the internet, it's fine, but if my housemate does it slows it down.
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Thanks for getting back to us @Chrissi and we are sorry to see that the speed is still not where it should be.

I have updated the ticket here with the next steps, please get back to us when you have reviewed the ticket and replied with the requested information.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Chrissi
Hooked

Hello again and apologies for not replying. I found my connection improved and felt OK with it, however this hasn't lasted.

I was also put off with the possibility of a £65 charge if the fault happens to be inside my property (struggling a bit financially). The connection has since become so poor and unreliable (it's taken an hour to get to this page due to slow loading or no loading at all) I am happy to go ahead with an engineer visit, if this is still possible?

I've have had an email saying my case has been shut as I didn't respond in time, this was sent on Thursday 23rd January. Is it possible to arrange an engineer for either Tuesday 28 1-6pm, Thursday 30th 1-6pm, Monday 3rd 1-6pm?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Chrissi
Hooked

I thought I'd let you know when I took a speed test just now the results were 0.19 download and 0.49 upload.

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @Chrissi,

Could you please raise the fault again by clicking here

Let us know once you've done it so we can progress the fault for you as soon as possible. - Faris

Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
smlister

Change your provider. The router from plusnet will not give.you an adequate wifi signal

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @smlister,

I've responded to your thread. In the future I'd ask that you please keep posts contained to one thread so that we can better and more accurately respond to any queries raised to us via these forums.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Chrissi
Hooked

I followed the troubleshoot steps again until it asked me to listen to my phone receiver. There was noise but I've since tried a different phone connected to the landline and there is no noise, the old phone was knackered basically. I've checked on BT website and they cant find a fault with my phone line. The internet is still awful. 😣

Chrissi
Hooked

It's been fine up until xmas time. I've no idea why it has suddenly become so terrible. 

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @Chrissi,

I have updated the fault ticket, please click here to view my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Faris
 Plusnet Help Team