Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband product - advice please

RobAllen
Dabbler

Broadband product - advice please

Hi,
I've been with PlusNet for over 10 years now and as such I seem to still have quite an old product. My product is simply listed as Pro now, but I seem to remember it being called something like Broadband Plus Pro previously. In a nutshell it is costing me £16.49 a month assuming I don't go over the 20Gb limit, but I'm frequently being charged very much more than this due to much use of iPlayer/YouTube etc.
Now I've never upgraded my package as for historical reasons it has remained un-traffic managed as opposed to many of the recent cheaper products. However, I have now noticed that there are new products such as "Plusnet Unlimited (Contracted)" that are truly Unlimited and have no traffic management. Would it be possible for someone (probably a Plusnetter) to advise me if there could be any downside to switching to this product in comparison to the product I am already on - I could potentially save quite a bit of money here  Smiley
Thanks,
Rob
2 REPLIES 2
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Broadband product - advice please

If the price is similar or cheaper than what you're paying unlimited is a no brainer Smiley
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Broadband product - advice please

I assume from the price you mentioned that you are on a Market 3 exchange in which case Plusnet Unlimited would cost £9.99 with a 12 month contract. With this product nothing is slowed down though the P2P/binary Usenet protocols are in the bronze queue to ensure interactive protocols such as streaming, browsing, gaming and VoIP get first call on your bandwidth. In my opinion for most users this is beneficial and the article It's unlimited - why is it still traffic managed? explains this well.
If you choose to upgrade I can't see you being disappointed. Use the Product Change link in the Member Centre. The change will take place on your next billing date. Smiley
David