cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband problems

Elewis
Hooked

Broadband problems

1. my broadband keeps going down in the night. i often get a window in the morning saying that there is or was a problem with my broadband. i leave my computer on all night. 

2. my TV is in another room from my router and it shows only 75% of the broadband speed

3. my Samsung phone often tells me that i'm offline  from PLUSnet whilst in the same room as the TV

4. should i buy  WIFI boosters and if so, which ones should i choose.

5. hopeless trying to speak to PLUSnet . waiting times are huge. are they all asleep there? even the online chat is terrible. need more staff!

6. very disappointed with the  support service

3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Broadband problems

Moderators Note.
Moved from general chat to broadband
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear you've been having issues and apologies for any long wait you've had.

From reviewing your connection logs the drops appear to be happening at 1 am in the morning as shown below

image15405361981698

This is usually due to supplier maintenance and as a result, I'm afraid there's nothing we can do to prevent these drops from occurring.

With regards to the other points, you've made these are likely to be an issue with the Wi-Fi signal in your property. We'd recommend going through the steps here to see if they offer any improvements before purchasing Wi-Fi extenders.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Elewis
Hooked

Thanks for your reply re broadband connection.

I've checked a few things re router position etc.

Position.

i think this is tricky as i live in a 3 storey house. My router and computer is in my study which is right at the bottom at the back of the house. the business line  comes to the front of the house and  is then wired around the outside and actually comes into the house by the router. the TV is on the same floor as the router. there is another computer on the 3rd floor of the house, quite a distance away from the router. The internet on that computer takes a while to 'get going' when the computer is switched on.

the router is on my desk close to a wall and window. i don't have long enough leads to put it anywhere else. what lead extenders would you suggest? 

the centre of my house is effectively the 2nd floor. a floor up from the main phone point and my computer and a floor down from the other computer.

this is why i think i need boosters. 

Connected devices.

i have had a look at the hub manager and there are 2 devices on LAN1 not connected. should i remove them?

on the wireless side, our Samsung phone are on 5ghz. everything else is on 2.4ghz. is this why my phone goes offline in the same room as the TV? 

Wireless signal

having looked at Hub Manager, I'm on channel 1

hope you can give me more advice please