Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband premier static IP address

akaneria
Grafter

Broadband premier static IP address

Hi,
is there any way that you would be able to redifine me a new static IP address or even better move me to dynamic. Its just that i have been with plus net for a very long time now on the same IP address, and due to security reason it might be better if it was changed.
thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: Broadband premier static IP address

PJ,
Broadband premier (which is a legacy product) only has a static IP option. It is BBYW where you can change from static to dynamic.
akaneria,
Why after so long do you believe having a static IP is a problem. Now a days there is no real difference between having static and dynamic IPs from a security point of view as long as you have up to date firewall, anti-virus and anti-spam solutions.
Is there a specific issue that has caused you to ask this?
The only quick solution if you do want a dynamic IP is to change  to one of the BBYW products - option 3 is the closest match to premier.
akaneria
Grafter

not really, after such a long time on the same IP, i though a change would be nice Smiley
but as you said the product that i am on is legacy, so it cant be changed. (Im sure that plus net could)
Mark
Grafter

If you have a genuine reason for changing IP address, such as a proven security compromise or risk, we will happily look at this, but in fairness, unless there is more to your request than what I have read so far it is unlikely that we will or could change the allocated IP.
Raise a ticket outlining you request with any supporting evidence and we'll take it from there.
IP addresses are a finite resource and the rules dictate that we must have a very valid reason for replacing an IP we have issued. If there has been a problem with your existing IP we cannot allocate it to anyone else as then that problem would simply pass to them.
Hope that helps explain things for you.