cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband plus v broadband option 2

Nightdriver

Broadband plus v broadband option 2

Hi all,
just recieved an EMail today from PN referring to my monthly usage. Currently I am restricted to 128kbps - and p2p blocked entirely - till my next billing point (about 10days away).
I have no issue with this at all - you have to pay for any service that you use.
The suggestion from PN is that I change to "Option 2" rather than "Broadband Plus"  - OK - has anyone done this upgrade and can make a comment ...... ?
Price is the same apparently and  I work early AM to early PM so there is very limited usage between 8am and 4pm.
I suspect this increased usage may well be here to stay - I use BBC iPlayer, and I'm about to subscribe to my football teams streaming match highlights, and as I have recently upgraded my system to a Vista 64bit machine there is a lot of driver downloading and upgrading of existing programs for the new OS going on.

If I do upgrade,  I assume that EMail addresses etc remain the same ? Are there any other practical difficulties ..... ?
Nightdriver
Moderators note by James_G : Please do not use all caps - it makes the titles harder to read. : Forum Rules
7 REPLIES 7
Nick_Russell
Grafter

Re: BROADBAND PLUS v BROADBAND OPTION 2

I made the same change, from BBYW Option 2 to Pro.  I did this just to get a connection with he least restrictions. 
To me upload and download speeds are far more important than price, and the extra monthly cost is well worth it.
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: Broadband plus v broadband option 2

Username, password, email addresses etc... will all stay the same.  The traffic management is less restrictive on Option 2 than Plus, so I think the only downside for you would be the increased peak hours, which by the sound of things wont effect you much.  One of the comms team will usually offer to put you back on your old product after a month if you decide the move wasn't the right thing to do.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Nick_Russell
Grafter

Quote from: pjmarsh
...The traffic management is less restrictive on Option 2 than Plus

Sorry to be pedantic, but I moved to Pro.  Is there still a Plus product?
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Broadband Plus is one of the legacy products, which is what the OP said he is currently on.  Plus was one of the entry level products which gave 4Gb peak usage (4-12), and 50Gb off peak (from memory), but was shaped a fair bit.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry to be pedantic, but I moved to Pro.

Yes, but the OP is talking about a move from BB Plus to BBYW Option 2.
Is there still a Plus product?

Yes, it's a legacy product - we still have customers on it, but we don't sell it any more.
paulby
Grafter

Quote from: Nick
Is there still a Plus product?

Plus is a legacy product.  However, PN don't automatically move people from legacy products to the newer offerings as some people find that the older product suits their needs better.
Nightdriver

Thanks for the replies - seems like the Option 2 is worth doing then and is relatively painfree........ we'll see.......
Nightdriver