cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband outages

Dylsmum

Broadband outages

Recently (October) my broadband kept cutting out. Plusnet said they could not detect a problem. I checked for faulty connections in my household telephone wiring, and they were all sound. Finally I opened the BT junction box on the wall outside. It was jam-packed full of spiders' webs (and spiders). I cleaned it out, and the broadband is now working perfectly. I think that the damp weather had moistened the webs, and they had short-circuited the contacts. I have now blocked up all the holes where the spiders were getting in. I wonder how many other people have mysterious broadband problems in the damp weather, which can be solved so easily.

1 REPLY 1
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Re: Broadband outages

Hello @Dylsmum woah that sounds like a nightmare! I believe I would've used a flamethrower to get rid of the spiders, hopefully, they do not return back soon.

I did bump into a post not long ago today, where the individual had a similar issue with the broadband speed, again it was due to damp weather and moist around his box, but minus the spider situation.

Little external issue like this goes unnoticed, glad to know you did think about checking your junction box to see if there were any issues you could spot. If you do find your broadband speed is still not up to scratch, let us know and we would be happy to investigate this further.

Best wishes.