Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband order and Fibre installation date queries

1mm3

Broadband order and Fibre installation date queries

Hi,
Currently switching from Sky Fibre to Unlimited Fibre with Plusnet.  Cheesy
1. When I login to Plusnet main site it says:
"If you haven't already, you'll need to let your current broadband and phone provider know you're moving to us."
Is this necessary? Shouldn't Plusnet automatically switch over the line.
Is it necessary to request a MAC code when switching from fibre to fibre?
2. Out of the date choices that were available only 2 were actually suitable so I chose the third choice on a day/ time when I am not available. I hope I get a date within my top 2 choices.
Any help would be appreciated, especially on point 1.
Thanks
8 REPLIES 8
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Re: Broadband order and Fibre installation date queries

Hi 1mm3, welcome to the forums
I don't like being the bearer of possible bad news but I believe there may be some problems at the moment migrating from Sky Fibre to any other ISP Fibre connection. It seems that BT Openreach do not have any migration procedure in place for this move. See this thread here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,116190.0.html .
I'm sure one of the PlusNet Digital Care team will see this tomorrow and advise of the current situation.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi 1mm3,
I've checked your oder and as MisterW has mentioned above there's currently an issue when transferring over from a provider such as Sky when you're on fibre.
We're hoping this will be resolved in the next four weeks, we'll have an update in 2 weeks regarding this. Providing this was resolved we'd then be able to place the migration with no hitches.
The only other alternative is to have a new line install but this would come with a charge of £49.99.
1mm3

Hi Chris and MisterW,
Thank you for your replies.
Will my order be put automatically on hold and I should wait to hear in 2-4 weeks time?
I am not keen on paying £49.99 as I feel this should be plusnet responsibility- the product is not advertised as requiring a new line if migrating from sky fibre or the extra charge. I do not mind losing my phone number but the charge is unfair.
Also I will not be billed/ charged during this period where no service is being provided?
My current service with sky will not be interrupted until you have a solution also?
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

the product is not advertised as requiring a new line if migrating from sky fibre or the extra charge.

Surely it really shouldn't require a new line.  Openreach really ought to have their act together on this and should have adequate procedures for allowing end users to migrate between suppliers without unnecessary costs or delays.  Seems to me that Openreach are guilty of preventing customers from obtaining fair access to suppliers.  Having learned lessons in the past regarding migrations away from LLU suppliers for telephone / ADSL services you'd expect them to have thought it through properly when setting up the FTTC product.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

you'd expect them to have thought it through properly
What!, this is Openreach we're talking about here Roll_eyes

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

1mm3

OK, so today I received:
"Dear Mr Hussain,
We have now placed the order to transfer your phone service over to us.
We will confirm the exact date for activation/ installation of your service shortly.."
I have been given no updates or answers to my previous questions.
Please can someone provide answers to my previous questions.
I am not happy with plusnet taking over my phone line if they plan to not give me an internet connection whilst they have issues migrating the line from sky. 2-4 weeks with no internet connection? Surely you are taking the #£%&. This is not what I signed up for.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
I've just checked the account and I can also see that an order is in place for the transfer of the broadband service. As Chris mentioned we should have a firm date for the completion of this order within the next 2 weeks so I'll make sure we get back to you regarding that.
In the meantime that shouldn't interrupt your Sky service at all and billing with us would not begin until your account has been activated.
Adam
UPDATE @ 13:57
Just a quick update to say that I've checked the progress of the order placed yesterday and unfortunately that particular transfer request has been rejected due to the issue that Chris mentioned. That means that we'll have to resubmit another in the meantime and the issue that's caused this to happen should be resolved within the next 2 to 4 weeks.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
1mm3

Hi Adam,
Thank you for your reply and update.
I appreciate you answering my questions re: no interruption to my internet and billing.
I shall await your updates in 2-4 weeks.