Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband not working

runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Broadband not working

This saga related to ticket no Question #49791689
This broadband fault is still ongoing: I feel I have been led a merry dance with the different arms of BT telling me and Plus Net  incorrect information.
After a line fault ( a complete break ) was fixed last Thursday the phone service was restored  I was told to expect to be reconnected to broadband straight away. This did not happen. So I called Plus net to report a broadband fault. I was told by the Plus Net Operator there was a 48 hour wait.I waited all weekend with no result until I called again on Monday to be told that the line fault had been fixed. ( which I already knew, but Plus net did not appear to know!)  So I reported the broadband fault again
Today ( Tuesday ) at 10.20 am A BT Openreach engineer (line faults) called me 3 times before 11.00am; First he said the line fault had been cleared ( yet again) but when I explained to him that I was not concerned about a line fault anymore he told me that he could see that broadband equipment at the exchange on my line had been disconnected & was not working and he asked if I had changed service provider? When I said no and he said he'd plug the broadband cable back in. Where he plugged it I have no idea but I strongly suspect it may have been in the wrong socket: he admitted he had no idea as he was not a broadband engineer. 
Next he called me  second time  and said would I check if broadband was now working again? I did check, it was not and he then called a 3rd time to say his supervisor had told him to CLOSE THE FAULT so a new broadband fault with BT Wholesale could be opened. I said OK. He told me to call Plus Net, since he was not a broadband engineer.  He did explain  that Broadband faults are dealt with by a different company, BT Wholesale.
Next I called Plus Net at 11.am the operator I spoke to said there was a major service issue at the exchange which was the reason I was disconnected but which was reporting would be resolved by 14.30. It was not resolved by 14.30 pm.
When I called Plus Net at 6.00pm I was told there was no record of any major service issue at my exchange and that the Plus Net rep could not explain the problem, or the reason why I had been told something that  was not correct.  None of my neighbours are disconnected from the internet and our Plus Net service is carried on the same wires on the same poles & she agreed if there were a major service failure as I had been told, then they too would have been affected.
I asked her to escalate the problem to one of her superiors but she could not promise to do this. No record of my call with her appears on my tickets.
I am posting this to the plus net forum to make my dissatisfaction with the service I have received public.
Any one got any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Broadband not working

Hi gpsmout,
Really sorry about the confusion there, I'll make sure we feed back on that (and try and find out what went on, though it sounds like confusion over PSTN (phone line) and broadband faults in all honesty). I know one of our faults agents is just looking into this for you now so you should have an update very shortly.
runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I have been promised a BT Broadband Boost engineer who will call tomorrow. Apparently their brief is that they do not leave the job until it is fixed.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I can see that's booked for this afternoon, hope it gets things sorted for you - please let us know.