cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband not working

dahlia28

Broadband not working

Have been unable to connect to internet for about 2 weeks.
Have completed all troubleshooting steps on website. Broadband light keeps flashing. So frustrated with this. Please help!
12 REPLIES 12
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Broadband not working

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Hi,

A warm welcome to the forums.  Sorry to learn of your long standing problem.  What have you done so far?  Which router do you have?  Which lights (colour) is flashing?  What do you see when trying to access the internet?

Broadband is not going to work well if the "phone" line is not working properly.

Please perform a quiet line test - dial 17070 select option 2 using a corded phone plugged into the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket. It should be silent. A noisy phone line (or no dial tone) will have a marked adverse impact on the performance of broadband.

If the line is noisy or there is no dial tone, then a PHONE LINE fault needs to be raised with your phone provider. If this is PlusNet, you can report a fault on line using the button below.

If the above is OK, then double check through the speed issues thread (see link below) and then use the broadband fault reporter (link below).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear your connection isn't working.

If you raise this here we'll look into this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Difficult with no internet connection?  Can the fault be raised and investigated from the Plusnet end.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@MauriceC

We'd assume that being able to contact us via the internet, that they're able to raise a fault online.

@dahlia28

I've arranged for one of my colleagues to call you back after 4pm to help you out.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dahlia28

@Gandalf thank you. I followed the link provided above by @MatthewWheeler that takes me to the form to complete with contact details etc. I already completed this last week but wasn't contacted.

I am at work at the moment so don't know if calling me this afternoon will be of help if I am not with the router etc?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No worries, I've cancelled the call back as my colleague finishes shortly after 4.

From looking at your account, no fault has been raised. I can see where you've started the broadband troubleshooter but then closed it as resolved shortly after. Please can you spend a few minutes filling out the details again?

Thanks

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dahlia28

@Gandalf

Thanks. I have gone through the troubleshooting and tried with another microfilter. This seems to have worked,

Is it possible to send me a replacement microfilter? I have only managed to borrow one,

Thanks

Eddddddddd
Dabbler

I just followed this link to the fault reporting site. Useful until it asked me to plug in a different router. Do many people have spare working routers set up to connect to Plusnet lying around waiting for a fault to develop? Because I don't.

I would really like Plusnet to provide me with the broadband service that I pay for and which was working fairly well until recently. I don't see why I should have to buy extra equipment just so you can fix it.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@dahlia28

Sorry for the delayed response.

I've just sent you a new microfilter now, we'll get it to you as soon as we can

@Eddddddddd

If you're not able to try a different router, I'd recommend trying the other steps of the troubleshooting.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dahlia28

@Gandalf

Thanks very much for your assistance. Much appreciated

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet