Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband not gone 'live'

FIXED
Montella
Hooked

Broadband not gone 'live'

Hi. I'm a new customer and my 'go live' date was today. I realise it can supposedly happen at any time up up until midnight but in past experience switches usually occur within a few hours at most and my old service ceased functioning over 36 hours ago. I require an active internet connection for work so would someone be able to assist me with this? Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: Broadband not gone 'live'

Is it today though?

Pop your number in here and look at the narrative below the estimates for an open order completion date.

Montella
Hooked

Yeah, 100% sure it's today 22nd Jan as stated in an email from plusnet support. My home phone service switched yesterday, which surprised me as all my previous providers managed to do both on the same day, so I'm already disappointed in Plusnet.
sianwalters29

I'm in exactly the same boat. What's going on? Been on hold for 20 minutes now - 10 to technical support before I gave up and 10 to customer services - still no answer. Live chat hasnt been working since yesterday and I need my connection!!! Can anyone suggest other ways to contact Plusnet....with their supposedly 'award winning' customer service ha!! Currently regretting my switch!!!
Thanks!
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Fix

Hi @Montella & @sianwalters29,

Please accept my apologies for the delay in activating your service.

@Montella, after checking your account, it appears that the broadband subscription was not active. I have since activated the subscription and you should now be able to connect to the internet.

@sianwalters29, it appears that your order has completed. However, the details stored in your router are not reaching our server. Please factory reset the router by holding a pin or paper clip in the reset hole on the back until the broadband light goes out then allow up to 15 minutes for the connection to establish. If you are still unable to connect, please follow the guide below on connecting the router manually.

1) Open up a webpage and in the address bar type http://192.168.1.254

2) When you connect, you will see an option listed as 'Broadband Username' followed by an option to the right labeled 'Change' which you will need to click on.

3) You will now be prompted for a 'Router Password' which is listed both on the back of the router and on the card that came with the router.

4) You will now be asked to input your username and password from ourselves, if it does not allow you to change your username and password, please press 'Disconnect' first. Your username is username@plusdsl.net and your account password is the same as what you would use to log into the members centre. Input both of these and press 'Connect' and you should now be online.

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
Danbh37

Same thing has happened to me, was supposed to be live by midnight last night, not received an email or a text
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @Danbh37

I am deeply sorry to hear that you did not receive your email notifying you, that your broadband services had gone live.

I have responded to your query via a ticket. You can view this by Clicking Here

Should you require any further assistance, please do get back in touch with us.

Best wishes.

Montella
Hooked

Thanks for that. It's all setup and working fine now. 

Danbh37

Working now thankyou!