Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband not connected.

FIXED
IanJ
Fixes: 1

Broadband not connected.

Can someone please help? When I try to download a programme on my smart TV a message appears which says 'connected to the internet but broadband not connected'. I have disconnected the router and all the cables and reconnected them but the problem does not go away. My wifi works fine but I can't use BBC IPlayer. Is there a way someone can check the line to my house? Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Broadband not connected.

@IanJ Welcome to the forums. Has this problem just occurred after having worked previously, or is this a new TV?

To be honest, if everything else works OK, the problem device is your TV, not your connection.

John
IanJ

This is a problem after having worked previously. I last watched a programme on BBC IPlayer about a week ago. A message scrolls across the TV home page which says ' you are connected to a wifi network that does not have access to the internet'. Under the plusnet-qc86nn and alongside the full fan shape  it says 'connected no internet'.

jab1
Legend

OK. I am no smart-tv expert, but a suggestion you may like to try is to do a factory reset on the TV and reset-up the connection - sounds like the TV for some reason has lost some settings. No guarantees this will solve it, but from my experience of electronics, the simplest solutions are often the best.

John
IanJ

Thanks I'll give this a whirl. I'll let you know how i get on.

IanJ

Fix

After googling 'Bravia connects to wifi but not to broadband' I read on a forum that someone had the same problem. They noticed that the time was wrong on the TV (and so was mine) indicating something was not quite right. They corrected the time and normal service was resumed. I did the same under the settings tab and after to signing into IPlayer it is now working. I suppose your suggestion of a factory reset would do the same but correcting the time has seemed to do the trick. Thank you so much for your help and guidance in pointing me in the right direction.

jab1
Legend

No problem, Ian. Glad you got it sorted without having to do a reset.👍

John