cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband not activated

will47
Hooked

Broadband not activated

I have moved house and moved my Plusnet service with me. The phone line was connected yesterday and the engineer said that broadband would be active the same day. The broadband is not working, however, 24 hours later. Can you check this for me, please?
7 REPLIES 7
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Broadband not activated

Hi will47,
I'm sorry to hear that your broadband hasn't activated yet. I've replied to Ticket: 87300218 for you.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Let me guess - it wasn't ordered as a simultaneous provide and the broadband order is only being placed today.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It was placed as a SIM Order, but the SIM Order failed, so the order has been re-placed today.
will47
Hooked

Quote from: Chris
Hi will47,
I'm sorry to hear that your broadband hasn't activated yet. I've replied to Ticket: 87300218 for you.

Thank you for your quick response. What does "the order failed" actually mean? Your colleague on the phone, whom I found difficult to understand, put in the ticket describing our conversation that the BT order had been cancelled. How can this have happened?
Waiting another 5-7 days is inconvenient to say the least. I would not have agreed to stay with Plusnet had I known that this was going to be the outcome.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi will47,
When we place the initial order, we aim to try and get both your services up and running on the same day. In some cases, this can't happen if there is a delay with your telephone order for example. It could be an issue with the order within our suppliers systems which we can't foresee unfortunately.
We try our best to state, as we have on your ticket, that Simultaneous Orders aren't guaranteed and can fail and if that does happen, we'll move as quickly as possible to re-place the order.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Can you confirm that the simultaneous order was accepted by BTw and when did it fail?
Why, only after the customer enquired has a fresh order only been placed today?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It was accepted by our suppliers and it failed today as there was a delay to the Phone Order completing.
As it failed today, we re-placed the order today.