cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband just now unusable

thorleylane

Broadband just now unusable

Hi there,
Following a repair to the line from BT my broadband has become unusable. Constant drops . Router plugged into the test socket  and a ticket raised last night #74825832. Wondering if some priority (cheeky I know) could be used just to get a diagnosis made.
Thanks
10 REPLIES 10
thorleylane

Re: Broadband just now unusable

Any chance of a look guys?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I've passed it through to the pool for dropping connection faults, it should be picked up for you soon.
thorleylane

Thanks Matt.
The attached might help diagnosis. It was from Sunday. Logged onto the PC this morning and the Noise Margin graph is still all over the place. No drops for 30 mins (that's feels like a lifetime!!)
SuperZoom
Grafter

If PlusNet add about 4db to the target SNR margin for you, that should stop it dropping... But, of course, you'll lose sync speed, and they may also then conclude there's no longer a problem to solve!
thorleylane

I hope they don't. The line was fine until BT had to repair it following a workman incident!
thorleylane

Still no update on the ticket following Matt's comment Monday afternoon. Would be good to know something is happening.
Dmitchell
Grafter

Hey thorleylane.
I'm sorry you've not had an update yet. I've checked on the current intermittent faults and yours is currently the first in the queue to be picked up.
Someone should be in touch later on this morning.
stallan
Grafter

Thanks Deano. Seen your reply on the ticket, I'll get hold of my sister to respond.
Dmitchell
Grafter

Thanks stallan.
I'd really like to get an appointment booked in today, as It's possible I could arrange this for tomorrow, but I've tried all day to contact thorleylane with no luck.
stallan
Grafter

I don't think that will happen. I will get my sister to act as quickly as she can though.