Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband interruptions

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Re: Broadband interruptions

No dial tone implies that one of the two wires is broken.  Amazingly broadband can limp along on just one of the two wires remaining connected.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

msbernice7
Grafter

I suppose the issue will be whether if it is a broken wire whether it's inside the house or outside.  We will have to wait for Openreach!!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

If the phone has been plugged into the master socket test port (as per the diagnostic user process) and there is no dial tone, you can be assured that the problem is not within the house.  Such user tests help to avoid the risk of BT seeking to raise a £65 no fault found charge.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

msbernice7
Grafter

The phone line has been restored by BT. My neighbour had also reported his phone line. However the internet download speed is 0.2 according to the speedtest on the Plusnet website. I usually have around 6.97 download and as high an upload speed as Plusnet is able to give me.   Just hoping Plusnet elves will be able to do some magic and restore my broadband speed.

msbernice7
Grafter

@LouisaMartin

Since I am not having much success getting the broadband  reinstated now that the phone line has been repaired I thought I would try contacting the broadband chat instead of the phone one.  I have attached the proof of the chat line being unavailable

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Thank you, that’s very helpful. For the avoidance of doubt is this residential chat or business chat? Do you run any form of add or pop up blocker? Are you on a fixed IP address? Fibre or ADSL (20CN or 21CN)?

At least one of the above has been known to cause problems before and is believed to have been fixed; though there is some indication that another factor might also be having some impact ... some of the above are just being asked to see if the issues can be profiled better.

Has chat ever worked for you?

msbernice7
Grafter

This was residential.  I have got a pop up blocker but it hasn't hindered using chat before.

ADSL  and I have no idea what you mean by 20CN or 21Cn.  I don't know about the fixed IP - i have whatever Plusnet gave me and I have never interefered with it.

All I want is for my broadband to be at a speed that I can use.    I saw on another question that someone had an SCN reset.  What is that?

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

I can see that the suppliers have now cleared your phone fault.

I have now reset your line and your speeds should be back to normal within the next 24 hours.

If there is still an issue please let us know.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
msbernice7
Grafter

Thank you