Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband in York

FIXED
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: Broadband in York

According to the CodeLook website Dringhouses cabinet 25 has the following status

FTTC doing Design, live due by January 2018  

Brian

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Fix

Looking at the Openreach site, fibre is estimated for some time in the next 12 months.

The best advice I can realistically give at the moment is just keeping an eye on the site above/dslchecker.bt.com for fibre availability.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
lufc405
Dabbler

thanks
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@lufc405

OpenReach dates always need to be taken with a pinch of salt. Even if the design phase goes wells, OR never know until they do the works whether any problems will be encountered eg blocked ducts.

A new cabinet about half a mile from me (planned to deal with some Exchange Only lines) had a live date of Dec 2016 - the cabinet itself was only installed a couple of weeks ago and the live date is now September!!!

One other thing you could do (though out of interest only) is to find your actual cabinet. According to CodeLook only two post codes are serviced by it so it shouldn't be too hard to find (and may have "25" stencilled on it). If or when OR move ahead a new FTTC cabinet will be installed within 100m of the existing cabinet. If you see that happening, then you know progress is being made.

Brian