cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband flashing orange

Cat1980uk

Broadband flashing orange

Broadband has been working fine if a little slow. On it yesterday and working fine when went to bed. Noticed it was off in the night when I woke for the loo and was still off this morning. I've tried changing the filter, adsl and got it plugged into the test socket. I have also turned off the router and done the holding reset button down. None of which have done anything. I'm thinking possibly a problem with the router. I've been without the internet all day and as a Mum who works from home finding it hard without any internet. Any advice please as to why it suddenly stopped?
3 REPLIES 3
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Re: Broadband flashing orange

Hi @Cat1980uk and welcome to our forum!

I have tested your line today and the results indicate a potential issue with the equipment connected to the phone line.

Our tests show a loop on the line, which is basically a short circuit on the line. This could be a faulty piece of equipment or something breaking the loop such as something going through the line.

To rule out your equipment as the cause, we would like to see if the fault is still present with your equipment disconnected from the line.

Please reply here or on this post when all the phone sockets in the property are unplugged and if possible please remove the faceplate of the master socket which will disconnect the internal wiring.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
Cat1980uk

Thank you for the reply. The front of the master socket is off and everything unplugged from it (no filter etc in)
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @Cat1980uk,

Thanks for completing these checks.

I have updated the fault ticket with regards to booking an engineers visit. When you have replied to the ticket, please reply on here so we can pick it up as soon as possible for you.

Thanks again.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional