Did you mean: 

Broadband failure again - same problem as last time before fix

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Broadband failure again - same problem as last time before fix

Hi Jennie.

Having a look at your connection since the engineer visit, things do seem a lot more stable. We've picked up on the drop last night that you've experienced but since then there's been no drops.

And testing your line isn't showing any issues, so I'm not sure why your speeds are still dropping.

Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 16.5 Mbps
Upstream Speed 1.4 Mbps
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Profile Name 0.128M-40M Downstream 3dB, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-10M Upstream, Error Protection Off

Do you experience the same drops in speed on a wired connection?

EDIT: The speed of 15mbps you're getting over WiFi is about right for the sync rate of 16.5mbps.

As Townman's suggested, it's also worth finding out if there's any noise on your line by dialling 17070.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

For a synch speed of 16.5mbps a data speed of 15+mbps is stunningly good - in fact far better than the correct 14.5mbps line profile.

If there is any noise on the line, the DS target SNRM of 3dB might be difficult to maintain - normally this would be 6dB for good stability.

Sight of the router stats would be useful please.

How is your line performing?

Please post your router stats; for PN TG582n and 2704n routers use the buttons below, for other routers look at the Kitz link.

Also run a BT Wholesale speed test (ideally using an Ethernet wired PC with the WiFi turned off) then run the further diagnostics and post the results here. DO NOT REBOOT the router!

Also find your CURRENT SPEED (PlusNet line profile) from the PlusNet user portal - you will need to log in.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jbs
Dabbler

Since reporting the fault I've had an engineer out who, no surprise, found no fault. Amazingly no further drop outs after said visit.  Problem fixed ? Yes, now no. Same old, same old, fault now back. Yet again getting fobbed off when actually I've now found out it's probably due to capacity rather than a fault.  

I wish to complain, loudly. I've have been fobbed off for years now. Literally years. Why is acceptable for Plusnet to provide a substand service? I am paying a high price, probably that's why? 

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @jbs I am sorry to hear this, the issue with intermittent faults is that they aren't always present. This means that the issue may disappear and look resolved. Unfortunately we can't investigate until that happens and we can see there is a problem happening again.

I am sorry for the time this is taking to get your matter resolved, I can see your complaint has been raised and you will be assigned a case handler shortly who will deal with this for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Superuser citation

This topic has been cited by one of the Superusers; the purpose of which is to provide a note for information which might help to focus continued discussion (but might not result in a staff response).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.