cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband dropping multiple times

salathome

Broadband dropping multiple times

Hi and a happy New Year to all on the forum.

I have a problem with the Plusnet broadband connection dropping multiple times. My router log describes it as a DSL event - around 40+ times in the past 24 hours.

I have done all the basic checks and can't find anything obvious - please help!

7 REPLIES 7
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Broadband dropping multiple times

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your connection.

It's certainly intermittent as shown below.

We've tested your line and it's showing a potential internal issue known as a 'High Resistance' fault.

Can you go through the steps shown here and let us know once you've carried these out so we can retest the line?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
salathome

Hi Matthew

Thanks for coming back to me. 

Dial tone seems ok and I called 17070 to do a quiet line check which all seemed ok.

Wires are all good and it's always plugged into the master socket

I changed the microfilter on the router connection and it's made no difference

So nothing obvious from this side - thanks for your help!

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @salathome,

Thank you for running through the troubleshooting checks and for confirming that there aren't any problems on the landline side.

I've tested your line and it's still giving the same result. I'd recommend that we do one more check to rule out any internal wiring/equipment issues, which is connecting to the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket. Please see the guide here for details of how to do this.

If the issue persists once you've connected to the test socket, please report it here and let us know when you've completed it.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
salathome

Hi Emily

I have run all the tests, unfortunately nothing has helped so I have reported it as you recommended. NB we don't have a master socket but I have tested all the extensions.

Can you confirm that the reporting on the help site has come through please? Because the connection keeps dropping I want to make sure.

Thanks

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @salathome, the fault has been raised thank you.

It looks like to progress this we will need to book an engineer visit, I have updated the fault ticket here if you could please reply. Just let us know on here once you've done so and we can ensure to pick this up for you.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
salathome

Hi after carrying out the extra tests you have come back to ask me for some dates and times for an engineer to visit and I have now put those onto the troubleshooter.

Many thanks

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@salathome,

Thanks for letting us know. That's all booked for you and I've updated the ticket confirming.