cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband dropping in late evenings - Derby Willocroft Exchange work?

RichardA
Grafter

Broadband dropping in late evenings - Derby Willocroft Exchange work?

I’ve been having some issues with DSL/broadband dropping out over the past two nights , around 9.30pm onwards, I know there are planned engineering works on from plusnet service  status website but can you anyone out there confirm these are effecting my exchange (Willowcroft, derby) as all seems fine in the day and early evening, but the drop outs/reconnections are virtually constant after 9.30ish ? I live chatted today (from work) and have been told to do the usual tests, reports form home say all good today, but will tonight bring problems???
Anyone from this area experiencing anything similar?
Cheers
29 REPLIES 29
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Broadband dropping in late evenings - Derby Willocroft Exchange work?

I don't think it's maintenance as the drops are constant after 9pm.

Is there anything that turns on at that time in your property?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
RichardA
Grafter

Hi Matthew
Thanks for looking at this, nothing turns on at 9pm, in fact I have nothing new added at home , and previously all has been well, bar the odd drop out/exchange maintenance?Huh
Cheers
RichardA
Grafter

Just ran BT wholesale speedtest on my home number and got these stats if this helps?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I'd recommend going through our faults troubleshooter here
https://faults.plus.net
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
RichardA
Grafter

Hi Matthew
Might any issue be connected to thisBT network issue ?????  .. see BT forum ...23 pages and counting....
https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Slow-page-browsing/td-p/1512035
notably this post...
"Re: Slow page browsing on ‎28-07-2015 12h11
Getting the same issues, various sites not loading or incredibly slow. Feels like packet loss too as others have stated above. My area code  (01332 - Derby) is lot listed on the service status page (after it eventually loaded). Definately a BT issue as if I swap any of my devices (windows, ios, osx or android) to my 4G mobile connection they load instantly."

Just a thought... all fine last night at 9pm though....
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi RichardA,
Some line tests I've just performed have identified a line fault (a battery contact fault).
I've reported this with Open reach who should have this fixed by the end of the day on the 3rd.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
RichardA
Grafter

Hi Adam
Thank you for looking at this for me,appreciated Smiley
If you can rerun your checks after 3rd and confirm Open reach have done their stuff, for me and post a reply here, that would help a lot. Out of interest what is a  battery contact fault (anyone?)
Cheers
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

A battery contact fault is excess voltage on a telephone line, and may be due to worn and/or touching cables, and/or wet/bad joints, so can come and go in different weather conditions.
Mine was resolved by swapping to one of two spare pairs available between my cabinet and DP pole - rather not speculate about what they would have done if the underground cable was faulty and there were no spare pairs available.  Undecided
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi RichardA,
I've just checked for updates and I'm glad to see engineers began work on the fault yesterday.
I've set a reminder to check again on Monday for you.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
RichardA
Grafter

Hi Adam, thanks for keeping an eye on this.
I had a text message from Open Reach this afternoon to say they had fixed the fault  Cheesy
Can you please also run your line tests that highlighted the issue originally, on Monday, just to be sure and check? As fault was intermittent and I'd like to be reassured Open Reach have sorted it okay....just to be sure  Smiley
Cheers
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there,
You'll be glad to know line tests now return this "No fault was found after automated testing." Smiley
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
RichardA
Grafter

Hi Adam
Thanks for confirming, so far all is well  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
Well Done Plusnet on effective Customer Support!
RichardA
Grafter

Hi Adam
Weird, after you let me know OpenRach had found and fixed the fault and I also got a text form them saying they had finished fixing the fault and could I reply to confirm all now okay, I then get this email for Plusnet...
Hello richard,
Account username:
Our Support Team have passed Question 108357525 to you with the comment shown below.

Dear Mr A
We have today received the engineers report back from Openreach regarding your visit.
The engineer reports that he was unable to find any issues on your phone line and found no need to escalate further.
If you believe that the issue has been resolved, please do not reply to this message. Instead, please ignore the ticket and it will close automatically in 14 days. This helps us increase our response times for all our customers.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can be of further assistance.
Now what doe this mean?
Was my fault found and fixed or not?
Also... I had Internet connection (not DSL) go last night and router tests reported no connectivity to gateway (172.16.17.22)? a routed restart fixed and test then showed connected to three different gateways? Why?Huh

Confused ?  Huh

RichardA
Grafter

Hi Adam
I have received text about OR fixing the fault again, can you continue your sterling service and update me on situation as just online again after a week off and speeds are very poor, have OR done anything to fix it yet and can you check my line and speeds, cheers.