cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband dropping - another one!

ahumble21
Hooked

Broadband dropping - another one!

This seems to be a very common issue at the moment..

Broadband keeps disconnecting (lights start flashing orange on hub). This happens c.20 times a day.

I've replaced the ADSL micro filter and I'm plugged into the master socket.

Is there anything else I can do?

Alice

7 REPLIES 7
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Broadband dropping - another one!

Hi @ahumble21,

I'm sorry that your connection is dropping frequently and for the inconvenience that this is causing you. Thank you for confirming that you've tried a new microfilter and that the router is connected to the master socket.

Having checked your account, I can see that you have been in touch with our technical support team and an engineer visit has been arranged for between 8am and 1pm today so that this can be investigated further. Due to COVID-19, the engineer will not be able to enter your property but will thoroughly investigate this externally. Please let us know if the issue persists after the engineer visit.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
ahumble21
Hooked

Hi @EmilyD 

The engineer came this morning and replaced the socket/outlet, checked the connections and ran some tests...but this hasn't resolved the issue - the broadband is still dropping... 3 times in the last 10 min.

Please can you confirm what PlusNet will be doing next to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Alice

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Its not looking good, but looking at your connections, I'd suggest that you'll need another engineer. Please respond to the fault ticket already open and we'll get something booked in for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
ahumble21
Hooked

@plusnettony Can you confirm what the looking at our connections has told you? And why this suggests we will need another engineer? The engineer and chap on the phone couldn't find any faults...

Alice

ahumble21
Hooked

Hi there

I've just spoken to PlusNet on the phone this morning. The operator could see the issue is on-going, and said you/they will need to investigate from your end further. They said this will be done over the next few hours and that we will receive a call later today. 

Can you confirm what tests are outstanding that haven't been carried out by yourselves or the engineer that visited already? 

This issue is preventing us from working from home effectively and we really need a resolution asap.

Thanks in advance.

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

If an engineer fails to find a fault, and it's clear there is a fault on the line, it's usually the case they they've missed something and another engineer will be required. Assuming this problem isn't caused by internal wiring (anything from the test socket to the computer), then the issue is on the Openreach network, hence the engineer requests. Tests done now will most likely be on the BT side.

Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
ahumble21
Hooked

@plusnettony Thanks for coming back.

I will wait for the call later today. Thanks again for the explanation, its really helpful. 

Alice