cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband dropouts for some weeks.

JeremyP99
Grafter

Broadband dropouts for some weeks.

Hi, we have had for some years a pretty stable ADSL connection, with on a good day speeds up to 10Mps. For the past few weeks, we are suffering dropouts. Internet freezes for 30 seconds or more on all devices. Also, I upload regularly to Mediafire legitimately shared music(Grateful Dead). Always slow, as our upload speeds are very low - but reliable. Now I can only upload by splitting files and doing multiple uploads. Otherwise I get a "Network timeout" failure. 

Am thinking of replacing the router with an industry standard one, but am also wondering whether we have a problem on the line? 

Anyone? 

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Broadband dropouts for some weeks.

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

We're not seeing many drops from our end as shown below.

Does the issue happen only on wireless devices?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
JeremyP99
Grafter

No. All devices - 1 direct ethenet, one ethernet powerline, one wireless. The latter I have to fix with the Windows troubleshooter say every other day at the moment; works for a day or so then fails. Usually says the IP config is invalid, which implies it's been changed - which it hasn't. Can you test the modem? 

JeremyP99
Grafter

Upload just failed (as previously described). Has to be restarted. Going for maybe 45 mins? I get these all the time now, having only rarely seen this before the trouble started. 

See attached

JeremyP99
Grafter

And this just now, see attached.