cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband dropout

James
Grafter

Re: Broadband dropout

It also doesn't mean that they're not doing anything to fix your issue though.  The faults system that we use, generally doesn't give out a massive amount of detail, so they may well be working on your issue as we speak.
Regarding the possibility of it being a wider problem, we can get some form of indication of the sort of service that you will receive from BTs number checker, but this isn't always 100% accurate.
JRingrose
Grafter

OK - I'll let you know if I hear anything
JRingrose
Grafter

Just to advise - friday night spoke to BT tech. Said still problems on the line and they were still lookingg into it. Now it doesn't work at all even with phone off hook.
Nothing all Friday night and all Saturday. Unless BT get it sorted soon I believe we have to call it a day. You have done your best I know that and so have I but I cannot keep without a system because of work etc and BT don't seem to be able to rectify this.
Sunday 2000hrs Update: Sunday, off all day couldn't get working no mateer what we did - in the evening for some reason started working as before only when the phone is off the hook.
JRingrose
Grafter

Has BT given any update at all?
James
Grafter

Hi John,
Sorry I wasn't able to get back to you sooner. I've been off for the weekend.
I've been in touch with BT Wholesale again and your line uis being looked into as part of their long line process. They have a specific team dedicated to this. It may be an idea to continue trying to get in touch with the engineer that you saw the other day to see if anything is being done from his end.
As ever, I'll keep on checking for updates and let you know as soon as I hear anything else.
JRingrose
Grafter

James,
I did contact the eng on Friday evening finally.  He said it was out of his hands as he didn't carry out this sort of work.  (Washing hands comes to mind).
Another oddity with it - a couple of times it worked briefly without taking the phone off the hook but as soon as you rang someone it dropped out altogether and then it reverted to either nothing at all or having to take the phone off the hook again.
I find it very odd as the noise is sometimes terrible on the line and it wasn't like this before.  I don't think we can continue much longer like this, surely BT has to have some commitment under OFCOM regs.
James
Grafter

Hi John,
I fully understand your frustration.
Let's just see if we manage to get anywhere with the Long Line team and which point you'll be able to make a decision as to how you would like to proceed.
JRingrose
Grafter

I fully appreciate all your help and know all that can be done is being done by the Plus Net team - and that is unusual nowadays.
JRingrose
Grafter

Lights came on Green for a brief period - Working for a brief period until someone rang us then it tripped out and wasn't working and couldn't get working until much later when it went back to working with phone off hook.  Still bad noise on phone line as well.
Practically given up now.
James
Grafter

Hi John,
As discussed again, let's go for engineer Mk III.
JRingrose
Grafter

James:
Just an update.  BT Eng went round and advised he was aware of the fault.  Checked inside and went outside.  Came back a while later and advised wife that he had replaced some external cables that were faulty.  He left and said it should be OK now.
To be honest I am amazed that the last guy didn't try local outside wiring etc instead of putting ir to long line faults which was obviously not what was causing it. If this has sorted it (I say reservedly) then they have wasted a lot of all our time!!
I will let you know what happens etc with a better update once I know myself.
James
Grafter

John,
That sounds really, really promising and like you, I'm dissapointed that these things weren't checked from the outset.
JRingrose
Grafter

All lights Green.  Excitement!!!. Tried - Oh Hell didn't work.  Downpowered router etc and system came up and was working again. Not bothered if we have to do this!.
Before we commit etc will keep an eye etc and then let you know properly soonest. Give it a couple of days.
James
Grafter

Brilliant, thanks John.
JRingrose
Grafter

1930hrs 29th:
So far so good.  If it keeps up need to sort out about the extra router you have sent etc.
All the work to get it sorted is seriously appreciated.
Let you know how it goes