cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband drop out 22:00 every 4 days

arobbins

Broadband drop out 22:00 every 4 days

I live in the Yorkshire Dales and every 4 days between 21:58 and 22:00 my broadband is totally dropped and reconnected after a minute or so. It’s been the same pattern religiously for as long as we’ve lived here, what could it be?? Is there anyone else in the area that is experiencing the same?
6 REPLIES 6
Legend

Re: Broadband drop out 22:00 every 4 days

I have the same issue but it happens everyday at 2045hrs. It’s bizarre.

flanzm
Pro
Fixes: 15

Sounds like SHINE have a read of this article https://support.zen.co.uk/kb/Knowledgebase/Broadband-Understanding-REIN-and-SHINE

If you are rural look out for electric fences being turned off to move animals, they could easily cause it.
arobbins

No electric fences as it’s all dry stone walls round here but there are 2 train lines and a viaduct that run close by which could be the problem! Will try sussing out the AM radio identifying and see what that comes back with! Have some elderly neighbours too that may have old TV’s which I’ve been told could also interfere with our connection... Is there anyway Openreach can identify interference?
flanzm
Pro
Fixes: 15

Openreach can help but I would suggest you capture evidence first. It could be the issue is in your property.

If it's affecting lots of people in the area then they are more likely to intervene.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@arobbins Is your rail line electrified, and how many trains per day use it? To be honest, I can't see that being the problem, nor the 'old' TVs - unless one of your neighbours only watches News at Ten every four days and nothing else. Smiley

The radio test might pick something up.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@arobbins 

Finding this sort of prblem can take a lot of time an effort.

I suspect that the chances of getting Openreach to investigate a single drop every 4 days is about zero.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'