cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband down ?, Javascript error message from BT. Looks like a Local BT outage

Anonymous
Not applicable

Broadband down ?, Javascript error message from BT. Looks like a Local BT outage

11th April Wednesday morning 09:30
Happily browsing away for ages, then ......
Couldn't connect to any websites.
Same problem with two browsers.
Kept being diverted to BT FON webpage
Resorted to T-Mobile dongle.
It came good after less than 10 minutes without me doing anything.
Certainly more than 3 minutes, when I went onto Dongle.

https://www.btopenzone.com:8443/home;jsessionid=spppg7mjgnp?CPURL=http%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.plus.net%2F...
Added:
It mustn't have been a PlusNet broadband problem, because I kept getting diverted to the BT FON website whenever I tried to access websites
4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Broadband down ?, Javascript error message from BT

I'm not sure how a Java error page about an Openzone service is related to your broadband from us?
Your connection has been up for over 6 days at the moment according to our RADIUS logs so I'm not sure that the issue is on our side.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Broadband down ?, Javascript error message from BT

Thanks.
Hence the question mark.
Something was going on.
Whilst connecting to my  normal websites.... every time...
I was diverted to the BT FON page, ( spelling is correct) which took a while, wouldn't connect to any others for 10 minutes.

Something locally BT perhaps ?
I've spoken to a tech guy this morning, who confirmed what you say.
Added:
It mustn't have been a PlusNet broadband problem, because I kept getting diverted to the BT FON website whenever I tried to access websites, so broadband getting as far as BT was working !
kmilburn
Grafter

Re: Broadband down ?, Javascript error message from BT. Looks like a Local BT outage

You may have considered this already,  but...
Are you using a wireless connection? 
and, has your computer decided to connect to a neighbours homehub instead of your own network?
Whie I haven't used it (BT-FON) personally,  that looks like the typical page you get when you connect to a public WiFi network that requires you to log on before you can do anything else.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Broadband down ?, Javascript error message from BT. Looks like a Local BT outage

I think you are right, thanks.
I do indeed connect to my router by Wi-fi.
I hadn't considered this at all.
I do have a nearby ( not close and low signal strength) BT Openzone transmitter (someone's home) but have never been able to connect in the past when I've tried it.
Excellent suggestion, thanks

Though why it should swap partway through a browsing session I wonder why.
This has never happened before to me.
Unless perhaps a very close neighbour connected at 9:30am, with a new setup, but not showing at the moment ?
I rang PlusNet, and fortunately was connected to a very mac savvy tech person, who suggested I removed BT Openzone from my preferred networks in Sys Prefs, which I did.
Thank you PlusNet BB Tech.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
My current speed has dropped to a quarter of normal, Plusnet BB

My iMac has been switched off and disconnected from the mains for a couple of hours now due to Lightning & Thunderstorms, I do have surge protection, but I prefer to unplug if at home. No power outage though this time.
After I've caught up with my emails RSS etc, I'll reboot the router.
Result.
Router rebooted, back to normal speeds

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
And, here's something new after router reboot...
Wi-Fi search showed more Network transmitters, including an extra BT HomeHub, so maybe it came online at 9:30am ?

SSID's 2 & 3 will be Bluetooth Apple wireless magic mouse, and bluetoothed mobile phone.
SSID 1 is wireless keyboard, which I don't use.