cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband disconnections

andy0487
Dabbler

Broadband disconnections

BTW I made this on my new account by accident. Please be aware my username is: scipio1st, I will post below with the correct account.
I have had a replacement router and filters, tried the test socket and still I get disconnections where the only fix is to restart the router. I followed your FANTASTIC fault troubleshooting questions and as soon as I said it works after a reboot, the process thinks there is no fault. Now I had AOL back in the day and had 0% disconnections. So obviously there is a fault here. I rely on it being stable and yet I am not getting a stable service. When I call you guys they refer me to the online [Censored] trouble shooting guide. Now will someone be able to help me on these forums? Or at least give me the real process in trying to resolve these disconnections. Or at least have the manhood to tell me the exchange is congested and disconnections are likely. Anything would be better than answer poor processed questions.
Thank you Smiley
14 REPLIES 14
scipio1st
Grafter

Re: Broadband disconnections

This is the account I would like testing.
Thanks
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
can you tell me when you swapped the router? I'm, asking as I can see a log of your disconnections and reconnection and the majority of these happen every 5 minutes and 4 seconds. That kind of regularity can point to a router fault.
It's definitely not congestion, it's a fault either with your equipment or the line itself.
I can see that you did log a fault online but then closed it again shortly after which is only going to scupper yourself in getting this sorted.
Do raise another fault and by all means give me a shout and I'll take a look at it.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
scipio1st
Grafter

My job is fault management for orange. I have replaced the router because of the disconnestions. And they persisted. It is not the router which is at fault. I have tried to raise a fault but it keeps coming back with fault fixed. I am wasting valuable time answering those stupid questions as I know, from experience, that disconnections cannot be solved by the questions asked there. Faults are dynamic and need to be checked out by an engineer. This is another reason why I replaced the router, as the engineer requires the home premises to checked out first. Could you raise a fault for me so I can have this sorted. Thanks.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'd need you to raise a fault via the checker first please, come back when you have and I'll be able to take a look at it.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
scipio1st
Grafter

I have completed the questionair. Please take a look into this, thank you.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've logged a fault with our suppliers for you and will keep you updated.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi, just reporting back to say that if this is still an issue the next step would need to be an engineer visit really, I've updated your ticket with details re that.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
andy0487
Dabbler

Hi Adam.
Is it possible to post some results about the line on sunday or tomorrow? I have the router on the test socket now. I  want to make sure it still disconnects on the test socket before the engineer goes out on monday.
Thanks
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sure, tomorrow would be much more likely than Sunday for me though, the only stats I plan to see on Sunday is how well I'm doing at Forza Motorsport Smiley
I assume that you're wanting to see a log of any disconnections?
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
andy0487
Dabbler

Heh, yeah I'd like to see whether an engineer is required so I can cancel it if the line is stable without the faceplate.
andy0487
Dabbler

The engineer went out and changed some wiring. We are still getting disconnections, but now worse. Could you please call my mobile number rather than the house phone? Only i can deal with this really and I don't live there anymore.
Thanks
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi andy0487,
is the line currently in the test socket? It's definitely been more stable though.
Jojo Smiley
andy0487
Dabbler

Hey JOJO.
At the moment its a no sync issue, which was confirmed by one of your colleagues when I called up. Unfortunately I am unable to do some diagnostics until tomorrow. It might be as the agent said it was and be an issue with the router. But the engineer mentioned it was definately a line issue.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi andy0487,
Forgive me for posting the graph from the wrong account (blonde streaks!). I can see the agent has this logged as a phone fault this afternoon and will check for an update tomorrow.
Jojo Smiley