cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband disconnections again.

geehawk
Rising Star

Broadband disconnections again.

My connection would appear to be falling apart again with daily disconnections.

I've done the usual tests, and my router is still plugged into the master socket from last November when this was happening last.

Could someone take look please.

3 REPLIES 3
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Broadband disconnections again.

Hi @geehawk, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you're having broadband issues as of recent. Checking over your connection and seen by the graph below I can see where you had the long disconnection on Friday however the connection has only dropped once since.

Checking over your connection from this side we can see 5.7Mbps download getting to the router which falls towards the higher end of your 2.5 - 6.5Mbps download estimates with no signs of underlying issues. Can I ask how the connection has been since Fridays long disconnection?

geehawk
Rising Star

Thanks for the reply @BD 

Not noticed anything major since Friday.

Weather has settled down again no doubt.

The download speed is generally acceptable (currently speedtest shows 4.7), but upload is woeful. I know I'm only supposed to get a max of 1Mbs, but it is usually much lower than that. Don't supposed there is any way that can be improved?

KatieC
Pro
Fixes: 11

Hi @geehawk

Thank you for your reply.

Having checked your connection, I can see that the your upload speeds are uncapped. Therefore, there isn't much that can be done to improve this on your currently ADSL connection.

I would expect that you're receiving around 0.8Mb, and anything below this is locational. Essentially being impacted by the home environment and/or equipment.

Should you have any further questions, please do let us know!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team