cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband disconnection, nobody seems to know why.

nw82
Dabbler

Broadband disconnection, nobody seems to know why.

Last Monday my bb stopped working and the green bb light (adsl light) started flashing. A engineer came out and said that the lines had been swapped at the exchange and that he had swapped them back, he plugged in his machine to show that data was coming to the socket and he requested a call back to prove that the right number was connected.  He said it would take a couple of hours for plusnet to resume My service and all would be ok.  The Internet did not return, I called plusnet who has said that there is nothing to turn back on and if the engineer could see data then everything must be ok their side.  I tried my router cable and filter at a diffrent address and it all works ok.  When plusnet runs a test it shows that there is no router connected? But I know mine works ok and I still have no Internet? Any ideas anyone????
10 REPLIES 10
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Broadband disconnection, nobody seems to know why.

Do you know someone else using Plusnet? If so you could try your router and login details on their line.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
MelRocks
Grafter

Hi,
I have sent you an email via your account with further information required.
https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=115816698
Please respond with the requested information so we can progress this for you. Thank you.
nw82
Dabbler

Don't know anyone else on plusnet, but when I connect use me router in a friends house the bb light (adsl light) connects straight away and the Internet light comes on to.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Are you receiving incoming calls OK? Does calling 17070 tell you the correct number?
nw82
Dabbler

Yes incoming calls ok and correct number
nw82
Dabbler

I have also just tried a friends router (not plusnet) and is shows no adsl service, my router works at my friends house so I ruling out a router problem?
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Looks like the issue needs referring back to BT Wholesale - give it a week and someone might get back to you: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,146832.msg1292881.html#msg1292881
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Or respond to Mel's post earlier in the thread...
Quote from: MelRocks
Hi,
I have sent you an email via your account with further information required.
https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=115816698
Please respond with the requested information so we can progress this for you. Thank you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
nw82
Dabbler

Hi chris, thanks for your post. I have been chatting with customer service everyday for the last few days and there are sending a engineer again, which is why I haven't responded to mels post. Although the engineer isn't coming for another week. And it's getting close to xmas so if anyone has any other ideas???
nw82
Dabbler

So after 3 weeks of no bb and being told many times by Plusnet that it must be my equipment and BTOR telling me its Plusnets fault, today a engineer came around again and found the problem within a hour.  My line was connected to a fibre circuit not a adsl circuit, melting the cable at the exchange.  I now need to contact Plusnet for a refund of 3 weeks without no internet.  These companies need to start talking to each other instead of blaming each other and plus net needs to talk to its customers rather than fobbing them off.  Very poor service, will be writing to Ofcom.  Thanks for everyones help on here though!