cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband disconnecting and reconnecting every few minutes

powerkeith

Broadband disconnecting and reconnecting every few minutes

Could somebody take a look at my account and see what the problem is please.

Tried to get in touch with support via the usual channels, and "on hold" phone system message suggested posting here.

Many thanks

9 REPLIES 9
feetontheground

Re: Broadband disconnecting and reconnecting every few minutes

I'm having the same problem.

powerkeith

Anyone?  If this isn't the right way to get in touch please stop giving it as an option on your recorded message.

Live chat is offline, and being told the minimum wait on the phone is an hour.  The only other option to get in touch seems to be Twitter, which smacks of a lack of professionalism.

I appreciate that there is a major situation ongoing, but please at least be honest about what to expect and how to get in touch.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@powerkeith This is probably the best way to communicate, but I suspect Plusnet, like many other organisations, have reduced staff levels with the result that things take longer than they would like.

You will get a response, but I'm afraid you will have to be patient.

John
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

In the mean time though, there is much you can do to help yourself by following the Help and Support Troubleshooting guides, and posting the results. It includes all of the tests you will probably be asked to do when you do get through to CS.

feetontheground

I tried twitter. That was slightly more effective that shouting out the window. Nobody answered, but I haven't been sectioned either.
feetontheground

The only troubleshooting guide I see isn't very helpful. If that was the problem I don't think I would have any broadband at all. In my case I have broadband, it's just very flaky and lose connection several times an hour.
EdWeasley
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Hi @powerkeith,

Thank you for taking your time to get in touch.

I am very sorry that you are having problems with our service. I can see that you have since been in touch with our support team and they have raised a support question onto the account. If you have any further questions you can reply to them on the following link. https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=200342997

@feetontheground,

I am very sorry that you are having problems with our service. I can see that you have since been in touch with our support team and they have raised a support question onto the account. If you have any further questions you can reply to them on the following link. https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=200337335

Kind regards,

Josh

Josh Berriman
 Plusnet Help Team
powerkeith

Still not sorted.  I have now changed EVERYTHING: microfilters, cables, plugged into test socket, and even spent £80 on a new Vigor 130 modem on the basis of "everything's fine at our end, must be a problem with your equipment, and we will bill you if you waste our time".  Still EXACTLY the same issue.

And of course by the time I had done all of this and tried to reply to the ticket it had been closed.

KatieC
Pro
Fixes: 11

Hi @powerkeith

Thanks for your time today!

I've documented your account with what we discussed, which you can view online here.

Please do let us know if you have any further questions in the meantime!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team