Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband disconections and 10 day training period

rockintone
Grafter

Broadband disconections and 10 day training period

Hi,
I am now on my 7th day of the 10 day Adsl max training period.
To date I have been experiencing a number of disconnections throught the day (5 - 6 times) and occassionally the router won't reconnect automatically and I have to reboot the router.  My daughter who uses msn messenger is constanly complaining that she is being disconnected (seems to be disconnected far more times than the router stats show??).  Previoulsy I had a fixed 2mb line with Orange with no problems at all.
My router stats are:
Bandwidth (kbit/s) up/down = 448 / 6112 
Attenuation (dB) up/down = 23.0 / 43.0 
Noise Margin (dB) up/down = 20.0 / 9.0 
Questions:
1) Is this type of thing common during the training period or should I be raising this as a fault? 
2) I have read eleswhere that the Noise Margins needs to be "good" for the max adsl to work properly not sure how mines compares?
3) I do intend to plug my router into the test socket on the master socket tonight to see if the SNR improves but if not as a last resort is it possible to be switched from the adsl max back to a 2mb line?
Help/comments appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
James
Grafter

Re: Broadband disconections and 10 day training period

Hi Rockintone,
1) Is this type of thing common during the training period or should I be raising this as a fault?
It's not uncommon and does happen in some instances.  How intermittent are we talking about here?
2) I have read eleswhere that the Noise Margins needs to be "good" for the max adsl to work properly not sure how mines compares?
Your noise margin of 9dB isn't bad.  You're also getting a pretty good synchronisation speed.
3) I do intend to plug my router into the test socket on the master socket tonight to see if the SNR improves but if not as a last resort is it possible to be switched from the adsl max back to a 2mb line?
Yes, that shouldn't be a problem at all.
rockintone
Grafter

Hi Jameseh,
Thanks again for the prompt response.
I will keep a log (as will my wife & Daughter) over the next day or so to record how often the disconnections problems are being expirenced and let you know.  Glad to hear that the 9db not being bad as I thought that might be a problem (I have a number of telephone extensions in the house). 
One further question when the 10 days are up should the disconnections stop (assuming everythings ok) or do people still experience these on the adsl max product?
Cheers
James
Grafter

Hi,
If you're still experiencing disconnections outside of the ten day period, then we would need to get a fault raised for you.
You shouldn't be seeing them especially if they're occurring more than once a day.