Broadband consistently 10% of typical speeds

FIXED
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Broadband consistently 10% of typical speeds

Hi John,

I've tested your phone line today and there are no external faults on the line.

Could you confirm that when you were testing the speed in the BT test socket that you were doing this from a device that was connected via an ethernet (network) cable?

If you're still getting slow speeds via an ethernet cable when the router is in the test socket I would recommend that you raise a fault here.

If however you were testing the speed over a wifi connection I would recommend connecting via hard wire to ascertain whether you have a speed issue or a wifi interference issue.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Dave

hemmer
Hooked

Hi @RandallFlagg

I can confirm that I plugged my laptop directly into the router via ethernet cable (and the router was plugged into the test socket).

I will raise an issue as you suggest, thanks!

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Fix

Hello hemmer

Sorry to see you are having problems with your speed and I have found the cause of the problem. There seems to be an external phone line fault and this ticket here further provide details.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
hemmer
Hooked

There was indeed an external fault, which the engineer managed to fix - I'm now back up to normal speeds. Thanks all your help!

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @hemmer. Fantastic, please let us know if you have any further problems. Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team