cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband connection help

amal-abid

Broadband connection help

I just took out Plusnet broadband, received the confirmation that my broadband connection date was ready to go ahead as of yesterday (Wed 22 Nov). I plugged in the router, waited 15 mins as per the instructions, all the green lights were on and everything appeared to be working. When I tried to connect my iPhone and laptop to the router, there was no connection. The connection via my laptop was "Limited", and the wifi also didn't work via my iPhone.

I tried to give customer services a call earlier, but the waiting time was 45 mins and I wasn't able to wait that long. I have a feeling that my router hasn't been registered to my broadband account, as for some reason I spotted a line in one of the welcoming papers attached saying that I had opted not to have a router sent... which isn't the case. I read a few of the similar forums, I tried going to the 192.168.1.254 address, but as I have no internet connection at all on my laptop - I am unable to go to any internet page. I also tried from my iPhone, but the page doesn't load (even on 4G).

Can anyone help with setting up my broadband please, and to check if the router sent to me has been linked with my account?

3 REPLIES 3
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Broadband connection help

Going live can occur to any time up till midnight on the day advised by PN that your BB is going live. You'll get an e mail confirming when live.
amal-abid

The connection date was yesterday, 22nd Nov. Midnight has obviously come and gone... would it not be running by now? I checked this morning and it was still the same issue.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi,

A warm welcome to the forums.  Is this still an issue?

You should not attempt to connect the router until AFTER you have received confirmation that the service has been made available.  It can out the router in a bit of a mess.  Have you tried a factory reset?

Your phone is not going to connect to your router over 4G - it needs to do that via wifi.

If your laptop is connected to the router, you ought to be able to navigate to http://192.168.1.254 - from there you should check the internet user name - it should be accountname@plusdsl.net

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.