Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband connection dropping out

Jamesdavies85
Hooked

Broadband connection dropping out

Hi, 

Long time customer, but have recently moved house. My broadband connection has been very patchy, dropping out at least once a day. Over the last few days, the connection has been dropping out numerous times throughout the day, and was off completely for about 45 minutes yesterday (Sunday 4th November).

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks. 

7 REPLIES 7
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Re: Broadband connection dropping out

Hi @Jamesdavies85 and welcome to the forums.

Please accept my apologies for the issue with your broadband service.

I have tested the line and can see that the line test is failing with an external line fault. I have raised a task through to our suppliers for an engineer to check the line within 24-72 hours.

You can monitor the progress of the fault via this ticket and feel free to get back in touch if we can be of further assistance.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
Jamesdavies85
Hooked

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. An engineer came out today and checked the external line, and found no fault with it.

My broadband has, however, gone off completely now. The horizontal router light is solid orange and the little flashing ‘b’ is red.

Obviously this is not good. As there is no fault at this end, does this indicate some fault at your end? Can you please do something about it?

Thanks.
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@Jamesdavies85,

Nothing on your account is stopping you being able to connect at the moment. 

I've just checked the fault and the notes and it's currently marked as appointed visit required. Can you update your ticket with some availability and I'll get that booked in for you. 

The engineer notes do state that no fault could be found on site but there were some external changes made to the network, I can only assume that these changes are what has caused this lack of connection issue. 

Jamesdavies85
Hooked

Thanks for the reply.

I've updated the ticket, and if you could get somebody out ASAP it'd be much appreciated. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for updating it.

I've booked you in for this Saturday afternoon between 1pm and 6pm.

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Jamesdavies85
Hooked

Hi,

My internet is working again! Apparently some sort of fault with the exchange that has now been fixed by the Openreach engineer.

Thanks for the help.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Really pleased to hear that @Jamesdavies85 - if there's anything else you need, just drop us a line.

Best wishes

Dave