cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband connected but no internet

Katiewright8188

Broadband connected but no internet

Please help, just connected my router, 2 hours later I've tried to connect my phone to the Internet but it just says connected but no Internet and takes me to the attached page. Really don't no what to do, hopefully someone can shed some light. Thought this would be easy but no
4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Broadband connected but no internet

Welcome to the forum.

This looks like you have just been connected to th internet but Plusnet have not yet set up your account. This can take up until midnight. Try again tomorrow morning.

If it's the same tomorrow try resetting the router by pushing a paperclip or similar into the factory reset hole in the router, keep the switch closed for 30 seconds. If that doesn't work you will either have to wait.for a member of Plusnet staff to pick up this post or contact them either by phone or by using chat.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @Katiewright8188,

Please accept my apologies for the issue with your broadband service.

After testing the line, it appears that the details stored in your router are not matching our side. I have updated an automated system, could you kindly factory reset your router by holding a pin / paper clip in the reset hole until the broadband light goes out then allow up to 15 minutes for the connection to establish.

If the issue persists, you can follow the steps below to connect the router manually.

1) Open up a webpage and in the address bar type http://192.168.1.254

2) When you connect, you will see an option listed as 'Broadband Username' followed by an option to the right labeled 'Change' which you will need to click on.

3) You will now be prompted for a 'Router Password' which is listed both on the back of the router and on the card that came with the router.

4) You will now be asked to input your username and password from ourselves, if it does not allow you to change your username and password, please press 'Disconnect' first. Your username is username@plusdsl.net and your account password is the same as what you would use to log into the members centre. Input both of these and press 'Connect' and you should now be online.

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
Katiewright8188

Neither of these have worked, I've reset it twice and waited but nothing, still comes up with the same service information
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear you're still having issues.

We've passed this to our suppliers for further investigation as there may be a configuration issue on their end.

As soon as we know more we'll update the open ticket on your account which you can view by going here

Apologies for any inconvenience caused

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team