Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband connected but no internet

FIXED
Smoggydan
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Broadband connected but no internet

Hi I've got what seems like a common problem, I've connected the new pn router and have the blue light, says it's connected but can't get online and it has the setup@dsl.net still on. I've gone through the steps shown on other threads but this didn't work. I've had the text to say my account is ready but after reading things on here I'm guessing something hasn't been activated. Is there anything else I can try or do I need to just sit on the phone for hours tomorrow and try and speak to the team
Cheers
5 REPLIES 5
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Broadband connected but no internet

Try putting your correct Member Centre login details in the router - Username@plusdsl.net and Password

There could be many other reasons for no internet but it's worth a try.Smiley

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Fix

Hi @Smoggydan , sorry to hear you're having trouble trying to get online. Everything is looking active and ready when checking the account this evening and we have even seen when the router almost authenticated but tripped on the last hurdle yesterday night whilst using the wrong password. I'd recommend then giving it another go in manually authenticating the router via the steps below and if it still doesn't connect to perhaps try resetting the account password via the below link or jsut logging into the member center to see if the password what you are entering is the right one.

https://www.plus.net/forgotpassword/

1) To connect to your Hub One, you will need to open a browser and go to http://192.168.1.254

If you have any issues doing this via Wireless, we recommend trying to do it via Ethernet cable instead.

2) You should come to a page with information about your connection, click 'Settings' at the top and it will ask you to sign in with a Password. This is located on the back of your router under 'Admin Password'

3) Select the option for 'Broadband.'

4) You will see some default options, if not, please press 'Disconnect' on the right and this will allow you to change the Username and Password.

5) For your username, this should be your account username and should be in the following format: username@plusdsl.net
Your password is your account password

6) Press 'Connect' and you should be online.

Let us know how it goes.

Smoggydan
Dabbler

Thanks everyone just getting home from work and I will try again, with a bit of luck I'll be reporting it fixed
Smoggydan
Dabbler

Thanks Ben up and running on all devices now, excellent stuff cheers
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@Smoggydan,

That's good news. Happy browsing. Let us know if you need any further assistance!