cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband & phone problems!

JonD

Broadband & phone problems!

Hi,
I don't know if someone can help but I'm having a bit of a mare with the broadband at the moment.
We didn't have any phone or broadband for around 3-4weeks in late December/early January due to an outside problem in which a BT openreach engineer eventually fixed and said was most likely caused by the storms. Up till the last 2 weeks or so it seemed to be working ok again and getting our normal speeds of around 5.5mbps 99% of the time. It then dropped to around 2mbps so I called Plusnet, they said it was a router problem and sent me a new one. I've had that in for a few days now and still it hasn't improved. I also received an email saying Interleaving would be turned on and this should fix it...If anything the result of this has made it worse and we are now getting under 2mbps.
Yesterday a BT engineer turned up, we wasn't even told there would be one sent round but luckily someone was in to let him run a few tests. He said again it is an outside problem, something to do with the wiring needs replacing  but he couldn't do it there and then so would call back today to arrange a date. Guess what? No call back and the house phone since he fiddled about is now fuzzy and unusable so I can't even call Plusnet up to ask what's going on. 
Can I ask for a call or at least a reply to let me know what is going on?
Thank you.
1 REPLY 1
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Broadband & phone problems!

Hi JonD,
Really sorry for the late reply. Has this improved for you at all?